surrealism

General discussion and anything that isn't covered by the other categories.
walterconquy

Re: surrealism

Postby walterconquy » Mon 08 Jun 2015, 22:23

Dear All, some of you sound interested and I am glad of that interest. to answer paul first , we will be having an evening of photoshop tuition in the new year and the surreal evening later but it doesn't mean its necessary to saturate your image on photoshop although PS is very useful. I have made a couple of images where I believe I have created a straight surreal one. As in straight photography you make your own luck.
All this about links, why not just google one of the people that i originally gave you all and you will come up with a dozen others which will link you to hundreds of them.
I gave you painters and PHOTOGRAPHERS.
Go to it fellas, enjoy. Looking forward to seeing what you come up with.
Wally
Mike Farley

Postby Mike Farley » Tue 09 Jun 2015, 12:50

Thanks for the link Mike .....

Tom provided the link, but I am always happy to take credit for the positive things others have done. ;)
Regards

Mike Farley
(Visit my website and blog - www.mikefarley.net)
davidc

Postby davidc » Wed 10 Jun 2015, 17:28

This kind of "photography" is all the rage in UK salons, to the exclusion of almost all other types it sometimes seems. Master this and you'll be cruising your way to salon success!

At least until another flavour of the month takes over :)
Check out my website - davidcandlish.photography
My Top 50 album is here
Paul Heester

Postby Paul Heester » Tue 02 Feb 2016, 14:14

Given that our Surrealism evening is a few weeks away I thought it may be of interest to bump this thread back into action :)

To add to the previous mentions for inspiration I have found this link which points to a number of free ebooks - http://issuu.com/search?q=surreal and also this photo mag https://issuu.com/photographizemag

Heres hoping we can all think in surrealist terms and produce some interesting and thought provoking images.
Rose

Postby Rose » Tue 02 Feb 2016, 19:43

davidc wrote:This kind of "photography" is all the rage in UK salons, to the exclusion of almost all other types it sometimes seems. Master this and you'll be cruising your way to salon success!

At least until another flavour of the month takes over :)

Yes, I've noticed that the majority of examples I've seen up for PAGB awards are now of the same vein. Many are so heavily manipulated and so far from anything that would be identified by a layman as a photograph that I really think it's time they introduced a new classification for photographic or digital art. Rant over... :x
Rose

Return to “General”