Snowdonia's iconic tree

Post pictures you simply want to share with others. (Use "Image Critique" if you want to obtain feedback.)
Paul Heester

Snowdonia's iconic tree

Postby Paul Heester » Mon 07 Nov 2016, 07:41

By all accounts if you know the Snowdonia area you must photograph this tree! And for very good reason, its an isolated tree at Llyn Padarn near Llanberis and the view faces east for the sunrise through the mountains.

Thankfully I had scouted the location the day before so knew where to walk in the darkness. I was soon joined by 2 other togs, one of which had brought along a lantern to hang on the tree (in a separate shot) as he wanted to try something different. After this shot I headed off with him to the nearby abandoned slate quarry, which does sound odd heading off with a complete stranger but Id like to think we can trust fellow togs when out "in the field". :)

ImageLlyn Padarn sunrise by Paul Heester, on Flickr
Mike Farley

Re: Snowdonia's iconic tree

Postby Mike Farley » Mon 07 Nov 2016, 08:11

Lovely tree, Paul, and good story to accompany the image. Was the scene really that magenta, though? And did you get anything worthwhile at the slate quarry?
Regards

Mike Farley
(Visit my website and blog - www.mikefarley.net)
Paul Heester

Re: Snowdonia's iconic tree

Postby Paul Heester » Tue 08 Nov 2016, 14:15

Believe the scene was quite magenta, it did just "flare" as I took this shot. The foreground rocks were brightened to even out the balance. Here is a shot from the quarry looking down on the abandoned wheel houses. Its a place that benefits from continual visits to get different lighting. The peak is Snowden itself.

Mike Farley wrote:Lovely tree, Paul, and good story to accompany the image. Was the scene really that magenta, though? And did you get anything worthwhile at the slate quarry?

ImageDynorwic slate quarry by Paul Heester, on Flickr

Return to “Photo Sharing”