PAD 130 - Bluebell Wood

Post pictures you simply want to share with others. (Use "Image Critique" if you want to obtain feedback.)
Mike Farley

PAD 130 - Bluebell Wood

Postby Mike Farley » Mon 20 May 2013, 17:05

Day 130 and finally an opportunity to photograph some bluebells now that they are fully out. I set off with the sun shining, but it was behind a cloudy sky by the time I got to my destination. Having shot in overcast conditions, I ran out of time and had to return, only for the sun to come out again when I got home.

Canon EOS 7D
EF-S 17 - 55 f/2.8
Focal length 31 mm
4 secs
f/11
ISO 100
0.6 soft ND graduated filter
Polarising filter
Tripod

This is a composite of two images made from the same Raw file. The white balance is different for the bluebells and the trees to get the best colours in both.
Attachments
Bluebell Wood.jpg
Bluebell Wood
Bluebell Wood.jpg (153.23 KiB) Viewed 2981 times
Regards

Mike Farley
(Visit my website and blog - www.mikefarley.net)
davidc

Re: PAD 130 - Bluebell Wood

Postby davidc » Mon 20 May 2013, 18:30

Was this up in croham hurst woods?
Check out my website - davidcandlish.photography
My Top 50 album is here
Peter Boughton

Postby Peter Boughton » Mon 20 May 2013, 19:01

My guess would be Littleheath Woods?

Assuming that is we're not missing the obvious and it is actually a place called Bluebell Wood, somewhere near the railway in #131. ;)
Mike Farley

Postby Mike Farley » Mon 20 May 2013, 19:16

Peter Boughton wrote:My guess would be Littleheath Woods?

A bit further afield, Peter. It's Staffhurst Wood, just south of Limpsfield and a favourite place for me to take Bluebell shots. I was going to try some other places this year, but the time and opportunity just did not seem to coincide.
Regards

Mike Farley
Rose

Postby Rose » Tue 21 May 2013, 17:29

I went up to staffhurst Wood a couple of weeks ago but the bluebells are late this year and there weren;'t so many out. I also like Andrews Wood in Shoreham
Rose
Mike Farley

Postby Mike Farley » Tue 21 May 2013, 17:59

Rose wrote:I went up to staffhurst Wood a couple of weeks ago but the bluebells are late this year and there weren;'t so many out. I also like Andrews Wood in Shoreham

When I went, the bluebells seemed to be at their peak. I would like to make a return visit when there is some sun, but that has been in short supply on the occasions when I have been free. This might be my only bluebell shoot of the year.

I tried Andrew's Wood a couple of years ago, but for some of the time there was a woman in the distance having her photo taken so I was having to compose to keep her out of the picture. When we met at club a few days later, I found out that it was you! You had been too far away for me to recognise, otherwise I would have said hello.

On balance, I have had more success with bluebell shots at Staffhurst Wood, but both are good locations.
Regards

Mike Farley

Return to “Photo Sharing”