Photo of the Month 2022 - Mizpah II (January)

Post pictures you simply want to share with others. (Use "Image Critique" if you want to obtain feedback.)
Mike Farley

Photo of the Month 2022 - Mizpah II (January)

Postby Mike Farley » Fri 04 Feb 2022, 15:23

During the past couple of years I have started a photo-a-week challenge. Each time, I have found myself floundering after a few weeks when faced with posting an indifferent image. The ensuing indecision resulted in other images backing up and I abandoned the project. Relying solely on chance and opportunity, it is not possible to produce 52 worthwhile shots each year. That does not apply just to me and is the same for photographers of all abilities. Besides, my photography has slowed during the past few months, as I suspect is the case for many people. Instead, I will try posting one photo a momth and see how that progresses.

Mizpah II.jpg
Mizpah II
Mizpah II.jpg (82.87 KiB) Viewed 13047 times

It had been overcast for most of the day at Hythe where this shot was taken but the clouds started to clear as evening approached. Mizpah is a loose translation of a Hebrew word and means “May God watch over you” Perhaps it is not surprising that this is just one of several small fishing boats that have the same name.
Regards

Mike Farley
(Visit my website and blog - www.mikefarley.net)
Paul Heester

Re: Photo of the Month 2022 - Mizpah II (January)

Postby Paul Heester » Tue 22 Feb 2022, 09:38

Morning MIke. I really like the pano composition with the darker clouds holding the attention in the middle. Plus excellent balance of tones on the boat versus brighter sky beyond. I hope you (and all members) submit images to our Image Critique evening coming up on 16th March. A good opportunity to get feedback on images without the pressure of scoring!
Mike Farley

Re: Photo of the Month 2022 - Mizpah II (January)

Postby Mike Farley » Tue 24 May 2022, 19:31

I have written a blog post that gives some more information about this shot:

https://lightintotheshadows.proimageblo ... uary-2022/
Regards

Mike Farley
(Visit my website and blog - www.mikefarley.net)

Return to “Photo Sharing”