Black and White - Doh!

Post pictures you simply want to share with others. (Use "Image Critique" if you want to obtain feedback.)
Mike Farley

Black and White - Doh!

Postby Mike Farley » Sun 22 Aug 2021, 15:57

I am currently evaluating a camera that shoots only in black and white. It was all I had with me when I was out walking this morning and came across this knitted accoutrement adorning the top of a pillar box. From a documentary point of view, a colour depiction might have worked better. Personally, I think it works just as well in monochrome, if not better.

Knitted Dog.jpg
Knitted Dog
Knitted Dog.jpg (81.29 KiB) Viewed 1503 times

Whilst I am no expert on knitting, I do know this must have taken some time and effort to make. What the motivation for doing it was unclear, other than to brighten people's day with something unusual. The person who knitted it would also have got satisfaction from creating it.

Knitted Dog 2.jpg
Knitted Dog 2
Knitted Dog 2.jpg (91.42 KiB) Viewed 1503 times

The camera has a fixed prime lens and I shot it close to wide open to blur the background. Despite being a wide-angle, I had to stop down a bit on the first shot to get enough depth of field.
Regards

Mike Farley
(Visit my website and blog - www.mikefarley.net)
Mike Farley

Re: Black and White - Doh!

Postby Mike Farley » Wed 25 Aug 2021, 09:26

Whilst this was the first time I had seen one of these pillar box "hats", it transpires that it is a meme that has been going on for some time. Most people do not photograph them in mono, though. ;)

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/arti ... -time.html
Regards

Mike Farley
(Visit my website and blog - www.mikefarley.net)

Return to “Photo Sharing”