Pinhole

Post pictures you simply want to share with others. (Use "Image Critique" if you want to obtain feedback.)
Mike Farley

Pinhole

Postby Mike Farley » Thu 18 Feb 2021, 21:51

A while back I mentioned that I was going to give pinhole photography a try. Although I could have attempted to make a pinhole camera from scratch, for my first one I purchased a ready made one from France. It takes 120 film, so after years of shooting digital exclusively that is going to be a new challenge. However, to begin with I have made a pinhole lens based on a body cap to use on a digital camera. The small size of the pinhole aperture means that unless the ISO is cranked up very high, shutter speeds will typically be measured in seconds and a tripod will be necessary. At the moment, with Covid restrictions in place, I am limited to shooting around my home but that is fine for the early days of experimentation. One of the joys of pinhole photography is not being able to see the image at the time of shooting. At least with a digital camera on a tripod, it is possible to adjust the composition on a trial and error basis. That is not an option with film, of course.

This then, is my first proper attempt at creating a pinhole image, shooting with my infrared camera. For me, there is a fascination about how an ordinary scene can be transformed by the way a pinhole lens renders.

Pinhole.jpg
Pinhole
Pinhole.jpg (98.29 KiB) Viewed 1209 times
Regards

Mike Farley
(Visit my website and blog - www.mikefarley.net)
Paul Heester

Re: Pinhole

Postby Paul Heester » Sat 20 Feb 2021, 16:16

Presume the infrared you refer to has made the grass all white and not the recent snow?
Mike Farley

Re: Pinhole

Postby Mike Farley » Wed 24 Feb 2021, 08:06

Paul Heester wrote:Presume the infrared you refer to has made the grass all white and not the recent snow?

Yes. The shot was posted on the day it was taken and the snow was long gone by then.
Regards

Mike Farley
(Visit my website and blog - www.mikefarley.net)

Return to “Photo Sharing”