POTW 1 November 2020 - Autumn Colours

Post pictures you simply want to share with others. (Use "Image Critique" if you want to obtain feedback.)
Mike Farley

POTW 1 November 2020 - Autumn Colours

Postby Mike Farley » Wed 02 Dec 2020, 08:50

Backlit lighting from the afternoon sun at Nymans.

Regards

Mike Farley
(Visit my website and blog - www.mikefarley.net)
Franke07

Re: POTW 1 November 2020 - Autumn Colours

Postby Franke07 » Wed 02 Dec 2020, 10:59

I am a big fan of backlit shots, this type of lighting adds mood and contrast, your picture captures that autumnal feel.
It seems to me that the leaves have had stayed on the trees for a longer period this year and in some cases taken their time in changing colour.
Mike Farley

Postby Mike Farley » Thu 03 Dec 2020, 12:53

Thanks for the feedback, Frank. Autumn this year was glorious, even if the weather was not especially cooperative in allowing us to make the best of it. Not to mention the restrictions arising from the pandemic.

Incidentally, there are trees which still retain some of their foliage as I noticed this morming when driving past the bottom of Breakneck Hill on Croham Hurst. I might take a walk around the area if conditions look promising. Not today when it is raining, though. :(
Regards

Mike Farley
(Visit my website and blog - www.mikefarley.net)
Franke07

Postby Franke07 » Fri 04 Dec 2020, 15:26

Mike Farley wrote:Incidentally, there are trees which still retain some of their foliage as I noticed this morming when driving past the bottom of Breakneck Hill on Croham Hurst.

I always thought it was Slesdon woods I was viewing from my back door (this assumption was based on, it was in the direction of Selsdon and that was the only wood I knew :oops: ), having been up to Croham Hurst, I now realise it has always been Croham Hurst that I am looking up at! Ah! The beauty of maps! https://magic.defra.gov.uk/MagicMap.aspx?startTopic=Designations&activelayer=sssiIndex&query=HYPERLINK=%271003374%27 Given it is more or less on my doorstep you may well see more of me up there.

Return to “Photo Sharing”