POTW 5 April 2020 - Tree Trunk

Post pictures you simply want to share with others. (Use "Image Critique" if you want to obtain feedback.)
Mike Farley

POTW 5 April 2020 - Tree Trunk

Postby Mike Farley » Sun 12 Apr 2020, 13:04

Oh my goodness. It is nearly the end of the week and I have not yet posted my shot for last week. The reason is simple. I had not taken many photos and, with little from which to choose, I was all set to publish an image which I did not really like. One of the perils of a regular commitment, notwithstanding these difficult times. I demurred and prevaricated, looked again, found this and had a play. Maybe not the most original effort, but a bit better than my original choice.

My main photographic outing had been a trip to the countryside. Which, in these days of lockdown and restrictions on non essential movement, is not quite how I have made it sound. I am fortunate, living in the middle of a suburban area, to have a wood on my doorstep. Within a minute or so of setting out on my daily permitted exercise, I can be surrounded by trees. There are people around, but time it right and nowadays without the constant soundof traffic, it can feel very isolated and at one with nature. The leaves on the trees are only just appearing but it can still be quite dark in there, but a tripod is not exactly compatible with the concession of outdoor activity to remain fit. Walk, shoot, walk on is the order of the day. Ignore ISO and noise, be glad of the shot.

Expect to see more of this location in the coming weeks. It is one of few places to which I can freely travel.

Tree Trunk.jpg
Tree Trunk
Tree Trunk.jpg (131.63 KiB) Viewed 2278 times
Regards

Mike Farley
(Visit my website and blog - www.mikefarley.net)
Iggy

Re: POTW 5 April 2020 - Tree Trunk

Postby Iggy » Mon 13 Apr 2020, 12:49

Hi Mike,
Enjoyed the write up.
Thanks,
Iggy
Mike Farley

Re: POTW 5 April 2020 - Tree Trunk

Postby Mike Farley » Mon 13 Apr 2020, 13:32

Iggy wrote:Enjoyed the write up.

Thanks, Iggy. I had a bit of fun writing it. I should do more. Who knows, one day I might even return to my blog. ;)
Regards

Mike Farley
(Visit my website and blog - www.mikefarley.net)

Return to “Photo Sharing”