PAD 8

Post pictures you simply want to share with others. (Use "Image Critique" if you want to obtain feedback.)
Mike Farley

PAD 8

Postby Mike Farley » Wed 09 Jan 2013, 10:43

Day 8 and a trip to the RHS gardens at Wisley. Despite it being early in January, there were many signs of activity including some snowdrops which were in flower. I had a number of options, but in the end I went for this shot of magnolia buds against the sky as a harbinger of the coming spring. Illumination was by flash, which I was using a lot as it was a dull day.
Attachments
Magnolia Buds.jpg
Magnolia Buds
Magnolia Buds.jpg (233.03 KiB) Viewed 2799 times
Regards

Mike Farley
(Visit my website and blog - www.mikefarley.net)
davidc

Re: PAD 8

Postby davidc » Wed 09 Jan 2013, 10:50

How did you create/add the border? Not ignoring the rest of the image ofc, but it jumped out as something I don't know how to do
Check out my website - davidcandlish.photography
My Top 50 album is here
Nina

Postby Nina » Wed 09 Jan 2013, 11:29

Lovely detail on the branches and buds Mike, must have used one of your sharp lenses. :lol:
Regards

Nina

Check out my latest work
On www.pbase.com/ninaludwig
Mike Farley

Postby Mike Farley » Wed 09 Jan 2013, 13:00

davidc wrote:How did you create/add the border? Not ignoring the rest of the image ofc, but it jumped out as something I don't know how to do

There's a function in Silver Efex Pro 2 which does it. I cannot profess to any great Photoshop skills on my part, but Digital Photo regularly runs articles about adding borders.
Regards

Mike Farley
Mike Farley

Postby Mike Farley » Wed 09 Jan 2013, 13:02

Nina wrote:Lovely detail on the branches and buds Mike, must have used one of your sharp lenses. :lol:

Canon 100 macro @f/7.1 in this instance. Certainly one of the better optics in Canon's range, as you are well aware. ;)
Regards

Mike Farley

Return to “Photo Sharing”