PAD 7

Post pictures you simply want to share with others. (Use "Image Critique" if you want to obtain feedback.)
Mike Farley

PAD 7

Postby Mike Farley » Mon 07 Jan 2013, 12:36

Day 7 and the completion of my first week. One down, fifty one to go! :)

It is yet another occasion when the weather is uninspiring so I experimented with a further flower shot. Having tried a high key effect for the first time the other day, I was keen to have another go and achieve something a bit different. The initial high key settings emphasised the yellow centre of the bloom a bit too much for my liking, so I added some split toning to include some blue and green.

The opportunities presented by flower photography has been one of the surprises of my PAD project to date as it is not something which I have previously considered and is not typical of my previous output. I like that I do not have to limit myself to straight representation of the flowers and it is certainly proving to be a useful fill in for days when shooting outdoors does not have much appeal.
Attachments
High Key.jpg
High Key.jpg (114.71 KiB) Viewed 2400 times
Regards

Mike Farley
(Visit my website and blog - www.mikefarley.net)
davidc

Re: PAD 7

Postby davidc » Mon 07 Jan 2013, 12:48

Congrats on completing week one!
Have you made a list/planned out shots you want to take or are you still in a "winging it" stage?
Check out my website - davidcandlish.photography
My Top 50 album is here
Mike Farley

Postby Mike Farley » Mon 07 Jan 2013, 13:57

davidc wrote:Have you made a list/planned out shots you want to take or are you still in a "winging it" stage?

It's a combination of the two. I have a list and I try to have an idea of at least the following day's image or location. Intentions can change, such as occurred yesterday when I knew that the mist would provide the opportunity of some good shots in the woods. Even today, I had a plan for an image but changed my mind when I looked at the flowers I currently have in the house and went with another composition which I also wanted to try. The first real challenge is going to be when I am out and about looking for images, with no really clear idea of what I am going to get.

The only exception to this is the shot I have planned for 1 April ....... :?:
Regards

Mike Farley
(Visit my website and blog - www.mikefarley.net)
davidc

Postby davidc » Mon 07 Jan 2013, 17:32

I have a list of shots I want to do/rainy day ideas but so far the ones that have been received best online are the unplanned ones!
Maybe that means I need better planning...
Check out my website - davidcandlish.photography
My Top 50 album is here

Return to “Photo Sharing”