PAD 4

Post pictures you simply want to share with others. (Use "Image Critique" if you want to obtain feedback.)
Mike Farley

PAD 4

Postby Mike Farley » Fri 04 Jan 2013, 14:24

Day 4 and another variation of approach. This anemone has been opening up over the last couple of days, so I needed to catch it while it still remained in good condition. Initially I tried a macro shot, but the stamen did not look particularly attractive, so I switched to a longer view. The plain background was formed by the simple expedient of holding a piece of off white card behind the bloom. I still was not entirely satisfied with the result, so I created the high key effect in the Raw conversion. After that, all that was required was a bit of retouching in Photoshop and cropping to a square format to minimise the amount of stem included in the photo.

This is not the image which I originally envisaged and I might have given up had I not had the impetus of having to produce a picture. It also gave the opportunity to experiment with a high key effect, which I have not tried before.
Attachments
High Key Anemone.jpg
High key anemone
High Key Anemone.jpg (121.92 KiB) Viewed 1575 times
Regards

Mike Farley
(Visit my website and blog - www.mikefarley.net)

Return to “Photo Sharing”