David's Project 365

Post pictures you simply want to share with others. (Use "Image Critique" if you want to obtain feedback.)
davidc

#364 - Ring of Light

Postby davidc » Fri 03 Jan 2014, 11:04

Not the shot I had originally planned - my wife literally declined after a "bad hair day" - but I still wanted to experiment with my new ring flash. The replacement model was simply stunning, highly professional and extremely photogenic ;)

Ring of Light - 364/365 by cedarsphoto, on Flickr
Check out my website - davidcandlish.photography
My Top 50 album is here
davidc

#359 - Christmas Day

Postby davidc » Fri 03 Jan 2014, 11:13

This will come once the film is developed.
My Top 50 album is here
davidc

#365 - The End

Postby davidc » Fri 03 Jan 2014, 11:14

Well I made it. It's been quite an experience and on the whole, really satisfying. I've come out with some images I'm really proud of, some I'm really NOT proud of, tons of new friends/contacts and dipped my toes into the international salon waters. All in all, a good year for photography :)

I know this kind of "body of work" shot isn't unique but I had this shot planned before I even started the project and even seeing that others have done something similar didn't put me off. This was MY project, this is how I wanted to end it.

Thanks everyone, and good luck for 2014.

The End - 365/365 by cedarsphoto, on Flickr
My Top 50 album is here
Mike Farley

Re: David's Project 365

Postby Mike Farley » Fri 03 Jan 2014, 11:45

Congratulations on finishing the project. You have taken some good shots throughout the year and you should be pleased with what you have achieved. Such an extended period of practice can only stand your photography in good stead.
Regards

Mike Farley
(Visit my website and blog - www.mikefarley.net)
Paul Heester

Re: #349 - An Exercise In Frustration

Postby Paul Heester » Fri 03 Jan 2014, 12:51

Hi David

I took inspiration from a magazine tutorial, which I can email you if needed (just PM your address). Below is a rough setup, quickly drafted. Yellow orb is a rear lens cap with fairly liquid mixed with glycerin. Then used a straw to blow a largish bubble. Camera was on tripod at table height with macro lens. White reflector shown was the pillow case and flash was handheld.

lighting-diagram-1388752542.png
lighting-diagram-1388752542.png (39.67 KiB) Viewed 4014 times

davidc wrote:I was making bubbles and trying to photograph them for over an hour without much luck - this was the only shot I got that actually worked how I wanted it. A very frustrating evening. Paul, can you draw a setup diagram or something please... this whole effort did my head in!

Paul Heester

Re: #362 - Spots

Postby Paul Heester » Fri 03 Jan 2014, 12:54

Another idea stolen from me... ;) you are a mind-reader!

davidc wrote:Simple setup but I quite like the result :)
Nina

Re: #365 - The End

Postby Nina » Sat 04 Jan 2014, 20:20

[quote="davidc"]Well I made it. It's been quite an experience and on the whole, really satisfying. I've come out with some images I'm really proud of, some I'm really NOT proud of, tons of new friends/contacts and dipped my toes into the international salon waters. All in all, a good year for photography :)..[./quote]

Well done David, a great achievement. Certainly some excellent results too. Love the expression of satisfaction on your face on the last image. :)
Regards

Nina

Check out my latest work
On www.pbase.com/ninaludwig
davidc

Re: David's Project 365

Postby davidc » Sun 05 Jan 2014, 14:21

Thank you :)
My Top 50 album is here
davidc

#359 - A Walk in the Woods

Postby davidc » Wed 08 Jan 2014, 14:35

And finally... tried a new film processing lab and though the results weren't worth the money I paid I did quite like this image. I even think the spectral jellyfish (aka lens flare) adds to the image. Almost like a woodland sprite come to life :)

A Walk in the Woods III by cedarsphoto, on Flickr

And with that, I've closed the 365 project. Except for the book I'm still working on creating!
My Top 50 album is here

Return to “Photo Sharing”