Photo of the Month 2022 - Wave Watchers (February)

Post pictures you simply want to share with others. (Use "Image Critique" if you want to obtain feedback.)
Mike Farley

Photo of the Month 2022 - Wave Watchers (February)

Postby Mike Farley » Fri 18 Mar 2022, 13:30

Watching the waves at Shoreham during Storm Franklin.

I included this shot in the image critique evening at the club on 16 March and modified it based on the judge's feedback. I have darkened the man's hands to make them less intrusive and cloned some of the waves on the upper third with the Lightroom Spot Removal tool set to Healing mode. The original section of the image had an area of sea that was originally dark and looked a bit flat when lightened. I was aware of both issues beforehand but in this form the shot is no longer eligible for Landscape Photographer of the Year. ;)

Wave Watchers.jpg
Wave Watchers
Wave Watchers.jpg (86.7 KiB) Viewed 1182 times
Regards

Mike Farley
(Visit my website and blog - www.mikefarley.net)
Mike Farley

Re: Photo of the Month 2022 - Wave Watchers (February)

Postby Mike Farley » Tue 21 Jun 2022, 09:13

I am (slowly) writing blog posts about the images slected as my Photos-of-theMonth. The idea is that I will catch up with those already published and then start posting new images and the associated blog articlesimultaneously. The rate at which I create the the commentary needs to increase if I am not going to be permanently several months adrift. I am working on it .......

https://lightintotheshadows.proimageblo ... -watchers/
Regards

Mike Farley
(Visit my website and blog - www.mikefarley.net)

Return to “Photo Sharing”