Photo inspiration

Post pictures you simply want to share with others. (Use "Image Critique" if you want to obtain feedback.)
davidc

Photo inspiration

Postby davidc » Wed 20 Feb 2013, 16:07

This is mainly written with those doing photo projects in mind but I've seen other projects online where members contribute themes for a given day/week and members of the group submit their efforts - exactly like the annual competition really but more frequent and more varied. Would anyone else be interested in participating?

The idea would be someone comes up with a theme and anyone who wants to participate submits their entries on the thread. Theme poster sets the end date and chooses the winner with the winner choosing the next theme.

Something light hearted, simple & friendly to inspire those of us doing projects and to give those of who aren't something to think about during the week. I have quite a few already lined up I've taken from a (now defunct) website, e.g.

Facades give buildings their public face. Make a photo of a building's facade today that tells its story.

Create a composition that playfully incorporates text of some sort in it today. Make it meaningful to you if you can.

Illustrate the word 'free' today. Go with the first thing that pops into your head and make a photograph based on that idea.

Anyone interested? I know the self portrait thing went down like a lead balloon, maybe this is more to people's liking?
Check out my website - davidcandlish.photography
My Top 50 album is here
Peter Boughton

Re: Photo inspiration

Postby Peter Boughton » Wed 20 Feb 2013, 16:55

This definitely sounds like an interesting challenge, but maybe could just have themes be monthly rather than flexible/changing end dates - easier to know where you are then, and a month is enough time to come up with an idea & execute it, without being overly long?
davidc

Postby davidc » Wed 20 Feb 2013, 17:17

Happy to do fixed dates if that's people's preference. Let's start with a month and see how that goes - personally weekly or fortnightly would be my preference to keep momentum going - but it's as good a place as any to start.

I can't make it to the club tonight, maybe it's worth announcing it?

And you can have the privilege of first pick if you like :)
Check out my website - davidcandlish.photography
My Top 50 album is here
Mike Farley

Postby Mike Farley » Wed 20 Feb 2013, 17:59

davidc wrote:
I can't make it to the club tonight, maybe it's worth announcing it?

Might be easier to make an announcement when you are there. :mrgreen:
Regards

Mike Farley
(Visit my website and blog - www.mikefarley.net)
Peter Boughton

Postby Peter Boughton » Tue 26 Feb 2013, 13:41

you can have the privilege of first pick if you like

Hah, my brain currently lacks the creativity to come up with anything. :(

I like the examples you posted, since it's interesting to see people's interpretation - so... I dunno... someone flip a coin. Heads for a composition incorporating text, tails for illustrating free.

If we get enough people interested, we can say deadline 12th March - otherwise extend to 26th March?

Return to “Photo Sharing”