Bridge

Post a photo to get comments and suggestions on how it can be improved. For best help you should include the relevant EXIF information. (Use "Photo Sharing" if you simply want to share images and are not after feedback.)
Mike Farley

Bridge

Postby Mike Farley » Fri 04 Apr 2014, 19:35

This was taken during my recent trip to Amsterdam. I might make this one of my "test the judge" images* when I try to do something a bit different, but I thought I would see what others think first.

Focal length: 30 mm (equivalent to 45 mm on 1.5x APS-C crop sensor)
Aperture: f/4.5
Shutter: 1/125
ISO: 100

So far the judges are winning 5-0. ;)
Attachments
Bridge.jpg
Bridge.jpg (162.35 KiB) Viewed 2223 times
Regards

Mike Farley
(Visit my website and blog - www.mikefarley.net)
Nina

Re: Bridge

Postby Nina » Wed 09 Apr 2014, 12:08

Oh well, let's make it "Test Nina" shall we?

I can't see what your intention was here Mike. You used a wide aperture and focused on some railings in bottom right. The lines of the railings provide a lead in but that leads out of the picture. Even if you consider that the eye can follow from that point back along the bridge, that would only work if the bridge was in focus. Everything else is not in focus which in this instance doesn't work for me. If you wanted the honest opinion, you got it ! :lol:

I look forward to seeing more of your pictures from the trip.
Regards

Nina

Check out my latest work
On www.pbase.com/ninaludwig
Mike Farley

Re: Bridge

Postby Mike Farley » Thu 17 Apr 2014, 13:20

Thanks for the feedback, Nina. I do agree that the shot would have been more successful if I had included more of the railing at bottom right and allowed it to continue into the out of focus area. I quite like the effect of showing the background as out of focus and the resulting bokeh, but I do accept that your view is more likely the majority one, especially where judges are concerned. ;)
Regards

Mike Farley
(Visit my website and blog - www.mikefarley.net)

Return to “Image Critique”