Concorde

Post a photo to get comments and suggestions on how it can be improved. For best help you should include the relevant EXIF information. (Use "Photo Sharing" if you simply want to share images and are not after feedback.)
Simon Clarkson

Concorde

Postby Simon Clarkson » Thu 25 Oct 2012, 17:08

A sad day for British Airways when this icon was bumped into early retirement!

Wasn't she a beauty!!!

Regards
Mike Farley

Re: Concorde

Postby Mike Farley » Thu 25 Oct 2012, 18:05

I fully agree that this has to be one of the most, if not the most, beautiful planes ever to grace our skies. It was always an event to see it flying overhead and I recall in the final days seeing it take off from Heathrow as I was driving on the M25. A truly magnificent sight.

For me, in the first image I would have liked to have seen some space to the left of the nose, rather than having the tip cropped. The background is not quite straight and correcting this would have formed a stronger diagonal along the fuselage. I also have to say that I find the mono conversion unsubtle and would have preferred the sky to be less dark and have more detail in the shadows. Neither am I sure about the vignette, which does not seem to be necessary.

The second image also is not straight, although correcting it in this instance would lose the diagonal formed by the plane. I appreciate that options might have been limited, but maybe a different viewpoint might have helped? The scene is also quite cluttered and the background intrudes. Possibly a wider aperture might have been beneficial or post capture blurring as an alternative, although there are definitely limits to what could be achieved with things as they were.

Nevertheless, a reminder of a real icon. Thanks for posting.
Regards

Mike Farley
(Visit my website and blog - www.mikefarley.net)
Simon Clarkson

Re: Concorde

Postby Simon Clarkson » Thu 25 Oct 2012, 18:30

Thanks Mike,

:lol: :lol: I was to busy looking at the Aircraft to notice the background.

Heres better edits with the background straightened..

Thanks!!

Regards
Simon

Return to “Image Critique”