Replica AC Sports Car

Post a photo to get comments and suggestions on how it can be improved. For best help you should include the relevant EXIF information. (Use "Photo Sharing" if you simply want to share images and are not after feedback.)
Simon Clarkson

Replica AC Sports Car

Postby Simon Clarkson » Thu 25 Oct 2012, 15:37

Taken in a parking area on the way to Le Mans Classic. Unfortunately I feel the shadow under the car detracts from the image itself. Not a bad effort when you see how boring the original image was. :P

Regards
davidc

Re: Replica AC Sports Car

Postby davidc » Fri 26 Oct 2012, 10:03

Looks like HDR? Which I like, so that gets a tick :) Although having said that

Also, the first thing I looked for was a telltale reflection of the cameraman in the body work and at first glance you've done very well in hiding it!

The mega bright highlight on the left is a bit distracting and it's lost some of the detail from the rear of the car.... but has it affected it too much? Not in my opinion - you've gone for a stylistic effect in the image that I think has come over well and though it does constitute loss of detail, it doesn't ruin the image for me at all.

Maybe I'd have preferred the background to be out of focus so it doesn't compete with the car so much?

Overall though, nice pic :)
Check out my website - davidcandlish.photography
My Top 50 album is here

Return to “Image Critique”