Millers Pond

Post a photo to get comments and suggestions on how it can be improved. For best help you should include the relevant EXIF information. (Use "Photo Sharing" if you simply want to share images and are not after feedback.)
Ronald Barker

Millers Pond

Postby Ronald Barker » Thu 11 Feb 2021, 15:25

My first attempt at a pano in Lightroom.

Millers Pond 1.jpg
Millers Pond 1.jpg (73.26 KiB) Viewed 3662 times
Mike Farley

Re: Millers Pond

Postby Mike Farley » Sun 14 Feb 2021, 23:25

Hi Ron

I was hoping that someone else would comment but it seems that it is unlikely to happen. From what I can tell from the small image, Lightroom has done a good job of assembling the separate images. The water appears to be frozen which would help minimise movement by the ducks and geese which could have led to ghosting issues. When shooting a panorama in landscape format, the advice is to hold the camera in portrait mode and overlap the images by approximately 30%. In theory, a panoramic head which rotates the lens around its nodal point is necessary for perfect stitching. In practice, both the Lightroom and Photoshop panoramic functions are OK when the camera is handheld although the frames are unlikely to align at the top and bottom, so it is best to allow a bit of space for cropping.

As to subject matter, you might find this short YouTube tutorial from Park Cameras useful when framing your compositions. The presenter is somewhat irritating but he makes some good points.

https://youtu.be/DfQg9sC2VHQ
Regards

Mike Farley
(Visit my website and blog - www.mikefarley.net)
Ronald Barker

Re: Millers Pond

Postby Ronald Barker » Mon 15 Feb 2021, 10:28

Thank you for your comments Mike.
It was taken off the cuff hand held over 7 images, Margaret and I were doing our exercise and thought how the pond would look like in a pano and how Lightroom would preform.
Ron

Return to “Image Critique”