A Cats Dream

Post a photo to get comments and suggestions on how it can be improved. For best help you should include the relevant EXIF information. (Use "Photo Sharing" if you simply want to share images and are not after feedback.)
Paul Heester

A Cats Dream

Postby Paul Heester » Wed 22 May 2019, 10:02

Experimented with one of the kids toys. Personally I think its a bit of a marmite shot and have a judges voice in my head struggling to understand it :o

A cats dream2.jpg
A cats dream2.jpg (132.98 KiB) Viewed 5012 times
Mike Farley

Re: A Cats Dream

Postby Mike Farley » Tue 28 May 2019, 16:10

Hi Paul

This shot reminds me of one I took for a review with Rod Wheelans at The Photography Show a year or so back. My selection had a variety of images and genres to get a feel for what would pass muster at a PAGB assessment. (Very little, as it turned out.) The image to which I refer was intended to be humorous, but Rod said the assessors would probably laugh and immediately mark it down. I suspect something similar would happen with your effort. It is clever and well executed but does not really have that something extra which judges tend to look for in club competitions. Possibly it might fare better in a different context, such as a panel of images with a similar quirky intent.
Regards

Mike Farley
(Visit my website and blog - www.mikefarley.net)

Return to “Image Critique”