Floating

Post a photo to get comments and suggestions on how it can be improved. For best help you should include the relevant EXIF information. (Use "Photo Sharing" if you simply want to share images and are not after feedback.)
svisilian

Floating

Postby svisilian » Fri 22 Feb 2013, 17:08

Another simple shot,
opinions,likes,dislikes bring them on:)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/svisilian/ ... otostream/
davidc

Re: Floating

Postby davidc » Sat 23 Feb 2013, 11:05

Heh mentioned on flickr first but I like the simplicity and personally think the little vignetting adds to the overall effect of the shot.

Not sure what it would look like but I'd experimenting cloning out the brown leaves to make it an uninterrupted green carpet and then tweak colour levels slightly, see if it sets it off more.
Check out my website - davidcandlish.photography
My Top 50 album is here
Mike Farley

Postby Mike Farley » Sun 24 Feb 2013, 09:31

I agree with Dave about cloning out the other leaves to simplify the composition. Did you try placing the leaf in other positions and orientations within the frame? The eye tends to go from left to right when viewing images, so there is a lot of empty space where the eye tends to rest. Having the leaf at bottom right might have worked better. Also, it is pointing downwards out of the picture and this directs the eye out of the frame. Turning it around would act as a pointer back into the image.
Regards

Mike Farley
(Visit my website and blog - www.mikefarley.net)
svisilian

Postby svisilian » Sun 24 Feb 2013, 09:47

Thanks for the advices I will try to play a little bit with this image if it s possible in lightroom because I am no good at Photoshop :D
Mike Farley

Postby Mike Farley » Sun 24 Feb 2013, 10:39

If you can make it to the meeting on Wednesday, I will be covering the topics of cleaning up images in my part of the Photoshop presentation. It is simpler than you might think and can be achieved with Photoshop Elements. In Lightroom, you will be able to flip the image to put the large leaf on the right and maybe use the Spot Removal tool to get rid of the other leaves, but it will not be possible to change the orientation of the main subject.
Regards

Mike Farley
(Visit my website and blog - www.mikefarley.net)

Return to “Image Critique”