Halloween part 2

Post a photo to get comments and suggestions on how it can be improved. For best help you should include the relevant EXIF information. (Use "Photo Sharing" if you simply want to share images and are not after feedback.)
Paul Heester

Halloween part 2

Postby Paul Heester » Mon 02 Nov 2015, 21:06

Similar story to part 1 but found a kitchen knife and the torch caught its shape well. Maybe a controversial image??

knife.jpg
knife.jpg (39.75 KiB) Viewed 9708 times
Peter Boughton

Re: Halloween part 2

Postby Peter Boughton » Mon 02 Nov 2015, 22:50

This one is missing something for me, but not entirely sure what it is.

Wondering if it's the vertical knife - did you try with different angles?

Might also be the darkness around the eyes, which worked well for the other shot, but not here - I think seeing the "right" eyes would make this scarier.
davidc

Postby davidc » Tue 03 Nov 2015, 01:40

I think it's the strongest of the three, though agree with Peter that seeing more detail in one of the eyes would help
Check out my website - davidcandlish.photography
My Top 50 album is here
Mike Farley

Postby Mike Farley » Tue 03 Nov 2015, 23:22

Does there need to be something other than the knife to to connect the head and hands? It's all just looming out of the darkness and looks a bit odd to my eyes.
Regards

Mike Farley
(Visit my website and blog - www.mikefarley.net)
Compsec

Postby Compsec » Sun 05 Mar 2017, 18:06

This is so good. Really intense; that smile is eerie. I don't want to see the eyes. The creases on his face leading into the sockets makes you ask, has he got any? The pale blood-pink colour enhances the pictures menace. It's very simplistic with a clear visual link. Hands>knife>face.
Paul Heester

Postby Paul Heester » Thu 09 Mar 2017, 15:35

Thanks Chris and welcome to the forum!!

I had completely forgotten about this image but may submit this into a future competition, if only to scare the judge :D

Compsec wrote:This is so good. Really intense; that smile is eerie. I don't want to see the eyes. The creases on his face leading into the sockets makes you ask, has he got any? The pale blood-pink colour enhances the pictures menace. It's very simplistic with a clear visual link. Hands>knife>face.

Return to “Image Critique”