Chartwell Panorama

Post a photo to get comments and suggestions on how it can be improved. For best help you should include the relevant EXIF information. (Use "Photo Sharing" if you simply want to share images and are not after feedback.)
Mike Farley

Chartwell Panorama

Postby Mike Farley » Fri 09 Jan 2015, 12:18

Yesterday I published this panorama shot of Chartwell as my "Picture of the Day" for 8 January. What I wanted to show was Chartwell's position on the side of a hill overlooking a valley and lake below, although the latter is not that visible. In terms of a viewing angle it is around 180 degrees and I cropped the right hand edge where there is a tree to hold the eye.

With this crop, the conifer is very central and to my mind at least the image seems to revolve around it and there might be some who will say that there is a lot of space on the right where not much is happening. As an experiment, I cropped some of the right hand side and the tree and house are now on the two vertical thirds. The lake is not so apparent, but there is still a sense of Chartwell presiding over the local countryside. I am wondering what others think?

Chartwell_Panorama 2.jpg
Chartwell Panorama cropped
Chartwell_Panorama 2.jpg (109.12 KiB) Viewed 1597 times
Regards

Mike Farley
(Visit my website and blog - www.mikefarley.net)

Return to “Image Critique”