Club Outing: Historic Dockyard Chatham - 18 July 2022 (POSTPONED)

Details and discussion for any up-coming outings, exhibitions, or general photographic events.
Mike Farley

Re: Club Outing: Historic Dockyard Chatham - 18 July 2022 (POSTPONED)

Postby Mike Farley » Tue 19 Jul 2022, 08:11

In the event, not quite the record breaking temperatures predicted by the weather people but still far too hot to be out and about for the day. If anyone is thinking of venturing out with their camera, this thread links to some tips for staying cool (and alive):

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3925
Regards

Mike Farley
(Visit my website and blog - www.mikefarley.net)
Mike Farley

Re: Club Outing: Historic Dockyard Chatham - 18 July 2022 (POSTPONED)

Postby Mike Farley » Tue 19 Jul 2022, 09:00

I saw an article on the Macfilos blog (run by Mike Evans) that Brooklands Museum* is closed both yesterday and today due to the high temperatures. I thought I would check the position at the Chatham Dockyard. It is open, although this notice appears on the home page:

"We are open as normal but due to the predicted hot weather, we will not be running HM Submarine Ocelot tours and 3 Slip Mezzanine will be closed.

"Our catering outlets will be serving cold food only."

As 3 Slip is one of the photographic highlights, its partial closure would have been a disappointment had we visited. I have not done the HMS Ocelot tour, so do not know what we might have missed. No fish and chips, either. :(

Mike Evans' article (rant?) is here:

https://www.macfilos.com/2022/07/18/don ... -collapse/

He is right about one thing, though. When so many other things are happening around the world, last night's 10 o'clock news on the BBC allocated an unjustified amount of time to reporting the heatwave.

* A possible outing venue for another occasion
Regards

Mike Farley
(Visit my website and blog - www.mikefarley.net)

Return to “Outings & Events”