Bluebell Woods

Details and discussion for any up-coming outings, exhibitions, or general photographic events.
Mike Farley

Bluebell Woods

Postby Mike Farley » Wed 20 Apr 2022, 17:01

At the weekend, The Times published a list of bluebell woods across the country that are available to visit. Those that are whthin reach of Croydon are:

• Penshurst Place, near Tonbridge, Kent. There might be an admission charge to enter the estate grounds. It would be best to check before travelling.
  • Denge Wood, near Chilham, Kent. King's Wood, a well known location is nearby at Challock. The article recoomends starting there and tracking east towards the Woodland Trust reserve at Denge.
  • Cowdray Park, Midhurst, West Sussex. There does not appear to be an admission charge.
  • Ashridge Estate, Berkhamstead, Hertfordshire. The article warns that the car park for Dockey Wood which is famous for the flowers is often full by 10:00 am. Given the journey will probably involve travelling via the M25 (aka the world's largest car park ;) ) first thing in the morning, this might be a bit of a stretch.

In addition, there is Staffhurst Wood south of Oxted which usually has a good display. I am hoping to explore King's Wood next week.
Regards

Mike Farley
(Visit my website and blog - www.mikefarley.net)
Mike Farley

Re: Bluebell Woods

Postby Mike Farley » Mon 25 Apr 2022, 19:43

There is a good display at Emmetts Gardens at present which has the advantage of not being too far away. There was also a good display of tulips in the formal part of the garden. I was there this morning when it was relatively quiet; the car park was much busier by the time I left. This is one of the shots that I took.

Emmetts Gardens Bluebells.jpg
Bluebells at Emmetts Gardens
Emmetts Gardens Bluebells.jpg (89.75 KiB) Viewed 439 times
Regards

Mike Farley
(Visit my website and blog - www.mikefarley.net)

Return to “Outings & Events”