Master of Photography

Details and discussion for any up-coming outings, exhibitions, or general photographic events.
Iggy

Master of Photography

Postby Iggy » Tue 29 Sep 2020, 15:23

A series of Master of Photography is on SKY ARTS today, Tuesday at 7.00 pm, before Rankin at 8.00pm.
Just found out that It actually started last Tuesday. Should be able to catch up hopefully.
It is possibly the series from Season 1 since the first topic is Beauty of Rome!
Then, Biden v Trump debate on CNN at midnight.
Enjoy,
Iggy
Iggy

Re: Master of Photography

Postby Iggy » Tue 29 Sep 2020, 17:49

My Virgin box automatically recorded the Beauty of Rome episode from last week's Master of Photography.
Just finished watching it.
Rather enjoyed it!
Might watch the second episode, Berlin Nightlife, tonight at 7pm although it will be recorded just in case.
Iggy
Mike Farley

Postby Mike Farley » Tue 29 Sep 2020, 18:31

Hi Iggy

Thanks for the alert. Two consecutive hours of photography. You do not get that on the Beeb.
Regards

Mike Farley
(Visit my website and blog - www.mikefarley.net)
Iggy

Postby Iggy » Tue 06 Oct 2020, 14:46

Master of Photography, challenge 3 on at 7pm tonight followed by Rankin at 8pm, both on Sky Arts.
Iggy
Mike Farley

Postby Mike Farley » Wed 07 Oct 2020, 09:11

I got distracted and managed to miss the first 20 minutes of this episode, so did not see the contestant who was ejected for using the wrong memory card. There were comments that the standard of images was better when the contestants were given a more photogenic subject (as opposed to be being dumped in Berlin on a cold and wet night on a Monday evening as occurred last week). Is that really a surprise?
Regards

Mike Farley
Iggy

Postby Iggy » Wed 07 Oct 2020, 09:41

The 3rd episode of Master of Photography was rather revealing in more ways than one.
I did learn a fair amount about nude photography.
We were waiting for a food delivery and there was the French Open on, so I did a catch up at 8.30 pm.
You could do that for the first 20 minutes that you missed.
The contestant who ran out of space on the official memory card and then used his own card in addition was eliminated for breaking the rules.
Mike Farley

Postby Mike Farley » Wed 07 Oct 2020, 09:57

Iggy wrote:I did learn a fair amount about nude photography.

No selfies, I trust. :shock:

I noted a couple of the contestants posed in their own images. One of them definitely failed to impress the judges and was eliminated. ;)

Which service do you use for catch up? So far as I am aware, I either have to record Sky Arts during transmission or subscribe to Now TV as I do not have any other options.
Regards

Mike Farley
Iggy

Postby Iggy » Wed 07 Oct 2020, 12:31

Hi Mike,
We have Virgin. You have mentioned Free View before on channel 11 for Sky Arts that you might need to setup.
Free View has the facility for catch up, I believe.
Good luck,
Iggy
Mike Farley

Postby Mike Farley » Wed 07 Oct 2020, 17:15

Iggy wrote:Free View has the facility for catch up ........

Freeview catch up appears to be available for iOS and Android devices, otherwise I need an account with Sky TV or Now to view past programmes. As I have found the two episodes I seen so far to be a bit superficial, I am not too concerned and will catch what I can on live TV.
Regards

Mike Farley
walterconquy

Postby walterconquy » Mon 12 Oct 2020, 10:43

Yes I have watched a couple of these, it was such a surprise that I could get Sky Arts as I don’t get Sky usually. I think they are great, Worth watching. Wally

Return to “Outings & Events”