Norfolk and/or Suffolk

Details and discussion for any up-coming outings, exhibitions, or general photographic events.
toms

Norfolk and/or Suffolk

Postby toms » Fri 13 Jan 2017, 10:32

It is proposed to arrange two outings for the club this year the first being to Norfolk and/or Suffolk around the end of March time.

If you think that you might be interested in joining the group would you please indicate your interest in a post below. In that way we can get a provisional idea as to numbers and start to find some appropriate accommodation.

Thank you,

Tom Sherrin
davidc

Re: Norfolk and/or Suffolk

Postby davidc » Fri 13 Jan 2017, 12:11

I am interested but would probably not need accomodation, my in-laws live in Thetford so I'd stay there and meet you all wherever you are.

Will confirm dates with my wife.

Also, if I do come, I can probably bring a very photogenic dog to add a little focal point interest in our landscape scenes ;)
Check out my website - davidcandlish.photography
My Top 50 album is here
keithash

Postby keithash » Fri 13 Jan 2017, 20:10

I'm interested in coming on this trip. I've been to Norfolk several times and know about some very good photo opportunities.

Thanks,

Keith
Regards,

Keith

Check out my new website - bare in mind it still under development:

https://kash-photography.herokuapp.com/
gcluer

Postby gcluer » Sat 14 Jan 2017, 00:46

I'm interested if dates work out.

Graham C
Michaelplatts

Postby Michaelplatts » Sat 14 Jan 2017, 11:13

I would like to come on the trip if possible.
regards,
Michael.
Tina

Postby Tina » Sat 14 Jan 2017, 15:53

Hi
Graham and I are interested in the Norfolk/Suffolk trip.
Thanks
Tina
Mike Farley

Postby Mike Farley » Sat 14 Jan 2017, 16:32

Lindsay and I are also possibles for this trip.
Regards

Mike Farley
(Visit my website and blog - www.mikefarley.net)
toms

Postby toms » Thu 19 Jan 2017, 10:05

Hi Everyone,

Just to give you an update on this outing.

I said that we would be looking towards arranging this outing towards the end of March. Initially we looked at the weekend 31 March - 2 April but it has been correctly pointed out to me that we're setting up our exhibition on 1 April (thanks Chris). Given that we have the Photography Show on 18 March that leaves with the choice of 24 - 26 March or 7 - 9 April.

A quick show of hands at the club last night indicated that about 12 members (some with partners) would be interested in coming along. A similar number indicated an interest with Wally's Lake District outing at the end of the year. Wally will update that topic in due course but in the meantime I would like to do some planning on Norfolk.

The most central point to take in photographic locations is of course Norwich as the majority of areas of interest are within a reasonable drive from there. Given our number (let's say 16 people) we won't fit in to a B&B. The hotels in the centre of Norwich (e.g. Hiltons Express, Best Western etc.) want in the region of £180 - £240 for the three nights which might work out a little expensive for some but would include breakfast.

As a compromise we could look at good old Premier Inn who have a relatively new hotel on the East of Norwich (Brooklands) which is a stones throw from the Broads etc. Their prices for the three nights are around £90 for 24 March or £98 for 7 April. This price reflects their saver price which would need to be booked very soon and the money is non-refundable. For the same dates the flexi charge which allows for cancellation is in the region of £145.

Their link is: http://www.premierinn.com/gb/en/hotels/ ... dsa47.html

Obviously the cost of breakfast (£8 +) and evening meals (we can choose where to eat) are extra.

I'd be grateful if those interested could:
1. Indicate their preferred choice of hotel even if they would like to do their own booking away from the group and meet up during the day
2. Indicate their preferred dates.

Once we have that information we can move forward.

Thanks,

Tom
Tina

Postby Tina » Thu 19 Jan 2017, 11:11

Hi Tom
Graham and I don't mind about which hotel to use. The hotels in the city might be better than the Premier Inn but parking is usually an issue in cities.
We are also flexible about the two dates mentioned, but were you aware that 26th march is Mother's Day so might be an issue for some.
Many thanks for organising this.
Tina
toms

Postby toms » Thu 19 Jan 2017, 12:39

Thanks Tina,

My rationale with suggesting the Premier Inn was a mix of the location and the fact that if we all want to stay together there will be a large number of rooms required.

Will monitor any further replies/observations and we'll go from there.

Regards,

Tom

Return to “Outings & Events”