The Rise Of AI

General discussion and anything that isn't covered by the other categories.
Mike Farley

Re: The Rise Of AI

Postby Mike Farley » Wed 16 Dec 2020, 15:37

Franke07 wrote:I was rather troubled by the way they have implemented the clone tool once you have started you have to finish or cancel, I could not undo a change using the traditional ctrl z command, even the edit undo option would not work!
The ability to undo changes as you go along is basic. Having explored some of the other functions under Pro category, they allow you to use undo as you go along - there does not seem to be any consistency!

There is a History function (at bottom right of the screen) which might help. I do agree, though, that it should be possible tu undo a change from within the control itself.

Franke07 wrote:As you say Mike it's ver 1! Can only get better :)

Are you going to request a refund within the 30 day trial period? I am mulling it over. While it has some useful looking functions, I cannot imagine that I will want to use it to process images from scratch.
Regards

Mike Farley
(Visit my website and blog - www.mikefarley.net)
Franke07

Postby Franke07 » Wed 16 Dec 2020, 18:24

Mike Farley wrote:
Franke07 wrote:As you say Mike it's ver 1! Can only get better :)

Are you going to request a refund within the 30 day trial period? I am mulling it over. While it has some useful looking functions, I cannot imagine that I will want to use it to process images from scratch.

Like you I don't consider it a primary editor, but I will keep it as a plugin to ACDSee, and treat it like the Nik software using it as and when it will speed things up in my workflow
Mike Farley

Postby Mike Farley » Thu 17 Dec 2020, 09:26

Franke07 wrote:Like you I don't consider it a primary editor, but I will keep it as a plugin to ACDSee, and treat it like the Nik software using it as and when it will speed things up in my workflow

During last night's Insiders Coffee Break, Angela Andrieux stated that she accessed LAI as a plugin from Lightroom. Possibly that is due to Skylum's acceptance that the Catalog function is not suitable for large number of issues.

In the same session, Angela also said that that some additions to the Local Masking function are likely, based on features which she saw during development but did not make it to the initial release. She was asked about fixing Clone and Stamp but was non committal; the standard "refer it to support" response. Given that a number of people have raised the issue, I cannot believe that Skylum will not fix it. I do wonder, though, how it managed to appear in its current form in the launch version.

I caught a bit of yesterday's Q&A session which was useful and demonstrated LAI's potential. A lot of people seem to like the Mystical function. At the end there was link to a large package of free bonus material with LUTs. Skies and Textures which will only be available until tomorrow. I have downloaded it and can send the link if you wish.
Regards

Mike Farley
Mike Farley

Postby Mike Farley » Thu 21 Jan 2021, 09:20

Skylum has just announced an update, available on 25 January, which gives the user interface a revamp. Whether it fully addresses my criticisms remains to be seen, but it looks like an improvement to usability. There are also a number of bug fixes. The update is called 1.0.1 which suggests it is a minor revision.
Regards

Mike Farley

Return to “General”