Amateur Photographer - Vintage Lenses

General discussion and anything that isn't covered by the other categories.
Mike Farley

Amateur Photographer - Vintage Lenses

Postby Mike Farley » Wed 21 Oct 2020, 10:35

In this week's edition of AP, former member Rose Atkinson is featured for her use of a vintage lens in her photography. It is something she has been doing for a while, as have I, and I occasionally have chats with her about it on the Vintage Lenses Facebook page. In this instance, Rose was chosen as she is using a Schneider Cinelux 95 f/2 which is actually a projector lens adapted for use on a camera with a helicoid. With the advent of mirrorless cameras, it became easier to utilise older manual focus lenses and the use of an adapter means the camera and lens having incompatible mounts no longer matters. There are some classic lenses which always performed well which have been given a new lease of life, while others are now valued for their imperfections to bring something different to images. While most people concentrate on conventional camera lenses, projector lenses are also popular for their imaging attributes.

Well done, Rose.
Regards

Mike Farley
(Visit my website and blog - www.mikefarley.net)
Mike Farley

Re: Amateur Photographer - Vintage Lenses

Postby Mike Farley » Wed 28 Oct 2020, 06:58

The article featuring Rose (and five other photographers) is now on the AP website. It is a great shot which Rose made with her unusual lens and in the magazine it was printed larger than the others which accompanied the write-up.

https://www.amateurphotographer.co.uk/l ... ses-142129
Regards

Mike Farley
(Visit my website and blog - www.mikefarley.net)

Return to “General”