Really?

General discussion and anything that isn't covered by the other categories.
Mike Farley

Really?

Postby Mike Farley » Fri 25 Sep 2020, 09:10

It has long been my impression that compared with the complexities of creating an image with aesthetic appeal, choosing the correct camera settings for a shot is a minor consideration. Apparently not. The inventor of the "AI Camera Assistant", which analyses a scene and adjusts the camera accordingly, raised $2m on Kickstarter for the first version of the device. It has gone on to sell over 100,000 units. Now he is back with an updated model and his Kickstart campaign has raised nearly $4m at the time of writing. All he wanted was $100k.

https://petapixel.com/2020/09/24/this-a ... ckstarter/
Regards

Mike Farley
(Visit my website and blog - www.mikefarley.net)
Franke07

Re: Really?

Postby Franke07 » Fri 25 Sep 2020, 12:10

If these investors don't understand how to get the best out of their cameras, all they need to do is stick it on "P" Program mode, the manufacturer has already built in programing to assist for most shooting conditions they don't have to buy something else in the hope it will give them the perfect shot. YouTube is full of great how to, there are also people offering to tutor. At the end of the day I guess it comes down to how much of the creative process you want to give up.
Mike Farley

Re: Really?

Postby Mike Farley » Sun 27 Sep 2020, 08:25

For me, this falls into the same category as those who like to know the camera settings for a photo. Occasionally the information might be useful but usually without knowing the other circumstances such as the quality, quantity and direction of the life, it is worthless. It is just about the only part of the creative process which can be measured objectively which seems to be why some give it more importance than is justified.
Regards

Mike Farley
(Visit my website and blog - www.mikefarley.net)

Return to “General”