Amateur Photographer Article

General discussion and anything that isn't covered by the other categories.
Mike Farley

Re: Amateur Photographer Article

Postby Mike Farley » Tue 07 Apr 2020, 07:56

Iggy wrote:I re-entered all my data for AP magazine and got to payment page that required sort code and long 16 digit number for direct debit.
It did not require expiry date or other number.
It didn't like my long number.

One final time. As Tina has already told you and I have advised you by e-mail, direct debits require bank account details not a payment card. You should be entering a six digit sort code and eight digit account number.

I have just been onto the site and it is working perfectly. It accepted my bank account details without problem.
Regards

Mike Farley
(Visit my website and blog - www.mikefarley.net)
Iggy

Postby Iggy » Tue 07 Apr 2020, 09:39

Thanks Mike & Tina.
DONE
Placed my order via Direct Debit.
Haven't ever had to do DD on line in 20 years.
Its all touch and go nowadays.

Looking forward to receiving Amateur Photographer.

Thanks Again
Iggy
abennettphotography

Amateur Photographer Article

Postby abennettphotography » Wed 15 Apr 2020, 12:07

Just a suggestion: could someone who has the article about our anniversary photo/scan it and post to forum so we can all see?
Mike Farley

Postby Mike Farley » Wed 15 Apr 2020, 16:21

abennettphotography wrote:Just a suggestion: could someone who has the article about our anniversary photo/scan it and post to forum so we can all see?

AP has promised me a PDF of the article which I will post here when I receive it.
Regards

Mike Farley
abennettphotography

Postby abennettphotography » Thu 16 Apr 2020, 12:25

Cool.
Mike Farley

Postby Mike Farley » Sat 18 Apr 2020, 12:24

I received my subscription copy of "our" edition of Amateur Photographer earlier today and the article is looking good. Congratulations to Paul, Frank, Iggy Tina, Bill, Graham and Caroline who all had their images published. What is particularly pleasing is that all three classes are represented with at least two images selected from each.
Regards

Mike Farley
Tina

Postby Tina » Sat 18 Apr 2020, 12:34

Just received my copy. First time I have ever had anything published, so am very chuffed.
Thank you Mike for organising this and making our club famous!
Keep well everyone.
Tina
davidb

Postby davidb » Sun 19 Apr 2020, 00:29

Received my copy of AP - disappointed not to have my Image published! I also note that Mike missed out. Judges (and editors) - you just can't rely on them!! Congratulations to those that were published.

Nevertheless, a good article and (free) publicity for Croydon Camera Club. Well done Mike.
Regards

David A Beard.
Mike Farley

Postby Mike Farley » Sun 19 Apr 2020, 08:11

davidb wrote:.....disappointed not to have my Image published! I also note that Mike missed out. Judges (and editors) - you just can't rely on them!! Congratulations to those that were published.

Looking at the results from the Amateur Photographer of the Year rounds, the winning image is often something which would not necessarily do well in a camera club competition. A reminder, if any were needed, that there is more than one way to take a photograph. Personally, I am not too worried that my shot did not make it. AP has published a number of mine already, including two this year, so I am glad that others have had the opportunity.

davidb wrote:Nevertheless, a good article and (free) publicity for Croydon Camera Club.

I certainly agree with that. It is just a pity that the magazine will not be on sale as widely as usual, but there was no avoiding that. The date was set long before Covid-19 appeared on the scene.
Regards

Mike Farley
davidb

Postby davidb » Sun 19 Apr 2020, 12:26

davidb wrote:Nevertheless, a good article and (free) publicity for Croydon Camera Club.

mike farley wrote:I certainly agree with that. It is just a pity that the magazine will not be on sale as widely as usual, but there was no avoiding that. The date was set long before Covid-19 appeared on the scene.

Perhaps the Club could purchase a bunch of the magazines and distribute them to local clubs and organisations?
Regards

David A Beard.

Return to “General”