Mountboard Purchase 2017

General discussion and anything that isn't covered by the other categories.
Tina

Re: Mountboard Purchase 2017

Postby Tina » Sat 26 Aug 2017, 14:38

Hi Mike
Tom has very kindly agreed to collect my order for me.
<Comment removed by moderator as a precautionary measure>
Kind regards
Tina
Mike Farley

Postby Mike Farley » Mon 28 Aug 2017, 14:59

With the deadline fast approaching, here is a summary of the current order in the attached PDF file. Could all participants check that I have recorded their requirements correctly and let me know of any issues via this thread.

Looking at the order, some issues are apparent.

• There is a request for a single sheet of White (WM500), which falls well short of the minimum order of 10. The best I can do is substitute this for the equivalent Daler board at a cost of £5-40 for the non white core version or £6-34 for the better quality white core which does not yellow over time. Both prices include VAT. That still represents a good price compared to buying a single sheet at retail prices. Alternatively, I can replace it with a sheet of Antique White (WM501).
  • The requests for black mountboard total 6. I either need requests for four more or I substitute the more expensive Daler equivalent - price as above. It is more cost effective to increase the size of the order for those who have ordered more than one sheet.
  • I either need to reduce the order for Antique White by one sheet down to 20 or add four more to increase it to 25.
  • As mentioned in an earlier thread, Wessex no longer stock the metal frame of the type we use for the exhibition, although others are available.

That is it and everything else can be ordered as requested. The order is of sufficient size that we qualify for free delivery. Could anyone whose requests are affected by the above respond to this thread and let me know their preferences.

I will be contacting Wessex tomorrow to establish the cost of the pulp board backing board which Graham has requested.

Finally, a reminder that I close the order at midnight on Wednesday 30 August. If anyone really has left it this late to participate, now is the time to take action. I will not be doing this again fior a while.
Attachments
Mountboard 2017 Interim.pdf
(321.11 KiB) Downloaded 186 times
Regards

Mike Farley
(Visit my website and blog - www.mikefarley.net)
davidb

Postby davidb » Mon 28 Aug 2017, 20:48

Mike

If it helps I would accept TWO extra sheets of the Antique White. Can I assume that the LARGE frame that I asked for would be included in the order?

Do you have an interim cost calculation yet? Presumably you're waiting to find out the cost of Graham Land's boards.
Regards

David A Beard.
Mike Farley

Postby Mike Farley » Mon 28 Aug 2017, 23:23

davidb wrote:Mike

If it helps I would accept TWO extra sheets of the Antique White.

Do you have an interim cost calculation yet? Presumably you're waiting to find out the cost of Graham Land's boards.

Thanks, that might be useful. Let's see how the final order pans out. I never publish interim costs in case it causes confusion, but the prices for the various items are available for anyone who wishes to do their own provisional calculation.

davidb wrote:Can I assume that the LARGE frame that I asked for would be included in the order?

The frame will NOT be supplied in the order and I did not include it in the summary. As I have stated in previous posts, including my last one on this thread, Wessex no longer stock them and have disposed of all their inventory. There are other types of frames available from them if you wish to order one. Alternatively, there are various suppliers of frames online at places such as eBay and the Amazon Marketplace. I posted a link to one such offer earlier in this thread.
Regards

Mike Farley
Mike Farley

Postby Mike Farley » Tue 29 Aug 2017, 19:02

The following is the text of an e-mail which I have sent to all participants:

A reminder that the joint mountboard order by Croydon Camera Club in which you are participating closes soon. I have put a post on the forum detailing the current status, as we will have to make some decisions before finalising the purchase. The post has been up for over a day and requires YOUR IMMEDIATE ACTION, but so far only one person has replied. The main reason why we are able to get such a good price for the board is that we are buying wholesale in bulk, but this commits us to acquiring multiples of 10 or 25 boards. At present. I have issues with three of the colours requested, which requires a decision from yourselves. The answers I require are documented in the forum post.

I suggest that we substitute the White board with the equivalent Daler product, which has a higher cost, as only a single board has been requested. For the Antique White and Black, I propose that we round up to the nearest number, but this does mean some people will need to take more than they originally ordered and I need agreement for this. It is important that you respond as should I not hear back from you, I will automatically round the orders down.

Hopefully, with a bit of cooperation and flexibility, that will not be necessary. If I have to take such action, it would mean I will not be ordering any Wessex mountboard in White (WM500) or Black (WM510) and only 20 Antique White (WM501).

This is the link to the forum post which you need to read: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2517&start=20#p11885.

A reminder, also, that you will need to be at the club’s first meeting on 6 September to collect your order or make arrangements for someone to do so on your behalf. I have no long term storage facilities.

Finally, I would ask that you keep an eye on the relevant forum thread as this is where I will make all announcements about the purchase. There will be no further e-mails.
Regards

Mike Farley
Mike Farley

Postby Mike Farley » Wed 30 Aug 2017, 09:51

GrahamL wrote:Do you know what price Wessex Picture's Pulp Board, item code PB1, would be? Considering as a partial alternative to the very robust but heavy Nuboard 2.

£1-80 (£1-50 + VAT).

Good spot, Graham. I might try a couple of sheets.

The Nubord is slightly too large for my Longridge mountcutter and the initial trim to get it to a manageable size is always a struggle. On the other hand, once on the back of the print nothing much is getting past it. ;)
Regards

Mike Farley
rosconti

Postby rosconti » Wed 30 Aug 2017, 11:04

Hi Mike

I've just seem your post and will now amend my order as follows:-

2 Antique White
2 Black (if this makes up the order to 10)

Thanks. Ros
Ronald Barker

Postby Ronald Barker » Wed 30 Aug 2017, 11:21

Hi Mike

If you need to add to the Antique White you can add to my order (if I have got it right 2 sheets).

Ron
GrahamL

Postby GrahamL » Thu 31 Aug 2017, 07:54

Hi Mike,

Just realised I never actually placed my order, was waiting for the PB-1 pricing.

Is it too late to include:

1 x 2" brown masking tape
1 x 1.5" brown masking Tape
4 x 1.2mm Pulp Board (PB1)
5 x 1.85mm Nubord 2
1 x Antique White Mountboard ((WM501)
1 x Textures Antique Wjhite Mountboard (WM594)

Many thanks,

Graham
Mike Farley

Postby Mike Farley » Thu 31 Aug 2017, 09:04

GrahamL wrote:Is it too late to include:

1 x 2" brown masking tape
1 x 1.5" brown masking Tape
4 x 1.2mm Pulp Board (PB1)
5 x 1.85mm Nubord 2
1 x Antique White Mountboard ((WM501)
1 x Textures Antique Wjhite Mountboard (WM594)

I should be able to do most of that except the WM594. Yours is the only request, is for a single sheet whereas I need to order a minimum of 10. If you are very, very, extremely quick, you can switch to the Daler equivalent (at the higher price stated in previous threads) before I place the order in an hour or so. Time is currently 9:00 am.
Regards

Mike Farley

Return to “General”