Colin Prior - Mountain Man

General discussion and anything that isn't covered by the other categories.
Mike Farley

Colin Prior - Mountain Man

Postby Mike Farley » Sat 22 Apr 2017, 22:30

BBC Scotland recently broadcast this programme about Colin Prior's landscape photography in the Scottish mountains. This is a follow-up to an earlier programme which documented his trip three years ago to the Boltoro Glacier in Pakistan's Karakoram region.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b0 ... -highlands

At around 17:50 in the programme, there is a segment about a photographic course last year to shoot An Teallach which I did consider attending. Cost was the significant factor in my decision not to go, but it seems that I missed some good conditions which provided some exceptional opportunities for images.
Regards

Mike Farley
(Visit my website and blog - www.mikefarley.net)
Paul Heester

Re: Colin Prior - Mountain Man

Postby Paul Heester » Mon 24 Apr 2017, 07:42

Very much enjoyed this episode and have been a big fan of Colin Prior for many years.

On my very first photo holiday to Glencoe around 10 years ago we got up early for the sunrise at Rannoch Moor to photography the iconic tree (that sadly blew down in a gale). But already in place in the perfect spot was Colin. Our guide was in raptures and chatted with him. However, despite setting up his Fuji GX617 he didnt take a single image, this was because a plane's contrail had passed over which ruined the scene for him. That fact alone impressed me immensely and shows the vast difference between a professional photographer and enthusiast.
AndyMe

Re: Colin Prior - Mountain Man

Postby AndyMe » Tue 09 May 2017, 07:47

Paul Heester wrote:Very much enjoyed this episode and have been a big fan of Colin Prior for many years.

On my very first photo holiday to Glencoe around 10 years ago we got up early for the sunrise at Rannoch Moor to photography the iconic tree (that sadly blew down in a gale). But already in place in the spot was Colin. Our guide was in raptures and chatted with him. However, despite setting up his Fuji GX617 he didnt take a single image, this was because a plane's contrail had passed over which ruined the scene for him. That fact alone impressed me immensely and shows the vast difference between a professional photographer and enthusiast.

Great story Paul and I enjoyed this episode on Colin.

Return to “General”