Ming's New Job

General discussion and anything that isn't covered by the other categories.
davidc

Ming's New Job

Postby davidc » Thu 30 Mar 2017, 21:42

One of Mike's perennial favourites, Ming Thein, has just started a new job as Chief of Strategy for Hasselblad. It's a move that will delight the tiny fraction of photographers who care about high price, high end digital medium format cameras and likely pass everyone else by.

https://petapixel.com/2017/03/29/hassel ... -strategy/

In all seriousness though I'm pleased to see a passionate photographer be recognised for his talent & that Ming has likely got his dream job. It surprised me a little because I didn't really register or think of him as that big of a deal. Time for me to start working on my CV.
Check out my website - davidcandlish.photography
My Top 50 album is here
Mike Farley

Re: Ming's New Job

Postby Mike Farley » Thu 30 Mar 2017, 22:33

davidc wrote:In all seriousness though I'm pleased to see a passionate photographer be recognised for his talent & that Ming has likely got his dream job. It surprised me a little because I didn't really register or think of him as that big of a deal. Time for me to start working on my CV.

+1 on the recognition.

Ming Thein claims to have a corporate background and an Oxford degree gained at the age of 16. This sounds like a good move on his part and I suspect he is more capable than you think.

https://blog.mingthein.com/aboutcontact/

As for being a favourite of mind, I sometimes think he has something worthwhile to say, although I have not been following him so much of late. He is a prolific photographer and author, but he is not always easy to read and the images often lack interest.
Regards

Mike Farley
(Visit my website and blog - www.mikefarley.net)
davidc

Re: Ming's New Job

Postby davidc » Fri 31 Mar 2017, 11:39

I tend to agree his images rarely inspire me. They strike me as the kind of snapshots I take then disregard because they're boring. Or lazy street photography.
Check out my website - davidcandlish.photography
My Top 50 album is here

Return to “General”