Club Exhibition - Ikea Ribba Frames - THREAD CLOSED

General discussion and anything that isn't covered by the other categories.
Mike Farley

Club Exhibition - Ikea Ribba Frames - THREAD CLOSED

Postby Mike Farley » Wed 19 Dec 2012, 18:05

As the truly knowledgeable amongst you already know, next year the club is holding its annual exhibition at a new venue, namely the Click Clock Gallery. One consequence of this change is that our pictures will be displayed in frames rather than on boards as previously. The recommended frame is the RIBBA in black which is sold by IKEA at £7.25 each (catalogue reference: 60132521).

This afternoon I went to the paradisical (is that a real word?) emporium of delight which is Ikea to buy some frames for my exhibition entry. There were plenty available in every conceivable colour except black. Apparently there were 30 in stock this morning, but there was only a hole in the display where they had been. Some other Croydon Camera Club members had beaten me to it and snaffled the lot, obviously. The genuinely helpful staff (there are a number of companies I can think of which would do well to take lessons from Ikea) said that a delivery is due imminently, so I will be making another visit in the next day or so - possibly as early as tomorrow.

If anyone would like me to try and obtain some frames for them, let me know ASAP by responding to this thread amd giving the quantity required. I cannot make any promises, but will do what I can if it helps people avoid an unnecessary journey. Any frames I can purchase I will bring to the next club meeting on 2 January 2013 to distribute and settle up with people.

Once I have bought my frames, I will add an update on what I was able to purchase on this thread and then close it so no further requests can be added.
Regards

Mike Farley
(Visit my website and blog - www.mikefarley.net)
Mike Farley

Re: Club Exhibition - Ikea Ribba Frames

Postby Mike Farley » Wed 19 Dec 2012, 18:33

I forgot to add that I did not have an entirely wasted journey to Ikea today. I got a free pencil! ;)
Regards

Mike Farley
Ronald Barker

Postby Ronald Barker » Fri 21 Dec 2012, 11:51

Yes please Mike 4 if poss. If not no problem.
Ron
Nina

Postby Nina » Fri 21 Dec 2012, 18:23

Bless you, the Christmas spirit is not dead! :)
Thanks a lot Mike I could do with three please.
Have a good Christmas.
Regards

Nina

Check out my latest work
On www.pbase.com/ninaludwig
Mike Farley

Postby Mike Farley » Sat 22 Dec 2012, 17:04

Frames bought, thread now closed.
Regards

Mike Farley

Return to “General”