Luminous Landscape Videos

General discussion and anything that isn't covered by the other categories.
Mike Farley

Luminous Landscape Videos

Postby Mike Farley » Mon 26 Nov 2012, 21:22

For those who prefer not to read books to obtain technical information or like to watch videos demonstrating the techniques involved, the Luminous Landscape website has produced a series of video tutorials which comprehensively cover a range of topics. I can particularly recommend the one on Lightroom 4 and "Camera to Print and Screen". Both feature the owner of Luminous Landscape, Michael Reichmann, and Jeff Schewe who works closely with Adobe. What these two do not know the post capture process is probably not worth bothering with and the videos are a mine of information which is presented in an easily comprehensible manner.

http://www.luminous-landscape.com/videos/lr4_combo.shtml

http://www.luminous-landscape.com/videos/tutorials/camera_to_print_and_screen.shtml

The good news is that these and the other videos available on the site are currently on 25% discount for the remainder of 2012 (and possibly the first few days of 2013 as well). At current dollar/sterling exchange rates, this works out at around £30 each, which is money well spent in my opinion. I doubt if there are very many people who will fail to learn something new from these videos and they have certainly enhanced my own knowledge.

http://store.luminous-landscape.com/zencart/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=2
Regards

Mike Farley
(Visit my website and blog - www.mikefarley.net)
davidc

Re: Luminous Landscape Videos

Postby davidc » Tue 27 Nov 2012, 17:18

Can the club purchase them and make them available to members?
Check out my website - davidcandlish.photography
My Top 50 album is here
Mike Farley

Postby Mike Farley » Tue 27 Nov 2012, 18:35

The material is copyrighted and any distribution by the original purchaser would be illegal.
Regards

Mike Farley
davidc

Postby davidc » Thu 29 Nov 2012, 14:11

I contacted Michael Reichmann and introduced the club etc. as well as inquiring about the possibility of purchasing a group licence, with limits/caveats on use if he so wished.

No "group" or bulk licensing was possible however so a "club copy" is not an option but he has kindly allowed us to show the videos on club nights free of charge and did note that after seeing them people might be likely to want their own copies for ongoing reference.

Maybe one to be scheduled for the future?
Check out my website - davidcandlish.photography
My Top 50 album is here
Mike Farley

Postby Mike Farley » Thu 29 Nov 2012, 14:39

David

Thanks for taking the initiative and contacting Michael Reichmann. The videos go on for a number of hours, so could not be shown in their entirety in a single meeting, but there is a possibility that we could show a few episodes. Perhaps we could do this as filler when a speaker drops out at short notice, as sometimes happens.

Alternatively, as I own the videos, I could have an "at home" showing if there is sufficient interest. That way, we can establish whether there is interest in showing them to the club as a whole.
Regards

Mike Farley
Mike Farley

Postby Mike Farley » Thu 29 Nov 2012, 14:42

Thinking about it, if people do decide to buy these videos after I have shown them, perhaps I ought to be writing to Mr Reichmann to request commission on the sales. ;)
Regards

Mike Farley

Return to “General”