Pixsy website review

General discussion and anything that isn't covered by the other categories.
Rose

Re: Pixsy website review

Postby Rose » Wed 16 Mar 2016, 16:01

I had the same response for four of mine. On the other two, which related to websites in Japan, they said it was currently outside their operating territory, although that might change in future.
Rose
Mike Farley

Postby Mike Farley » Wed 16 Mar 2016, 18:41

Rose wrote:I had the same response for four of mine. On the other two, which related to websites in Japan, they said it was currently outside their operating territory, although that might change in future.

Sadly, there's no magic bullet. The answer seems to be to let only those who could afford to pay and reside in copyright friendly regimes nick our images. :(
Regards

Mike Farley
(Visit my website and blog - www.mikefarley.net)
davidc

Postby davidc » Thu 17 Mar 2016, 02:14

So far all of mine have been rejected. Either they have been ripped off by Singapore companies therefore out of territory. I may look to chase them myself.

Otherwise the other rejected ones were on an image sharing site - so the responsibility rests with the uploader and they aren't listed. So limited to DMCA takedowns only.

Very unimpressed thus far. It seems pixsy only go for the ones they expect to make serious cash on and those are the ones where I'd have a better chance of getting cash myself, and more of it. Their search tool has been the only positive :(

Still an interesting exercise and I'm happy to be proven wrong with the remaining items.
Check out my website - davidcandlish.photography
My Top 50 album is here
Mike Farley

Postby Mike Farley » Thu 17 Mar 2016, 08:34

Personally, I am not that disaapointed, but then my work is not being ripped off that widely due to my limited publication policy. The only shot which I know has been purloined was taken from a website over which I had no control and where it appeared legitimately. The reverse image search seems to work better than Google's and does so largely automatically rather than totally relying on uploading images individually. Even better, it is free. That said, for the reasons already stated my experience is limited and I did not get any false matches. I would probably be content to let Pixsy have the hassle of chasing someone where there was a realistic prospect of payment, but I can understand why others would want to do that for themselves.
Regards

Mike Farley
(Visit my website and blog - www.mikefarley.net)
davidc

Postby davidc » Mon 21 Mar 2016, 04:05

Pixsy actually found my website and left a comment on the blog post :)

I've had even more replies now and not a single one is actionable, or one they choose to action. Even the blatant theft of my mushroom macro by a business in Italy aren't actionable and Pixsy have effectively said there's not enough money in it to bother. So far it's still faintly disappointing and the biggest benefit is definitely still the search.
Check out my website - davidcandlish.photography
My Top 50 album is here

Return to “General”