In the main, Marcus' suggestions were straightforward:
- Crop the image to suit the subject*
- Boost contrast
- Adjustments of highlights and shadows, quite probably in conjunction withthe above
- Removal of distracting elements
- Straightening horizons
- Correcting lens distortions
* The 3:2 or 4:3 ratios at which our cameras shoot are not necessarily the best aspect for everything. So much for those who aim to get "everything right in the camera".
By chance, I have found an article by David Farkas in which he explains his approach to image editing. While it addresses Raw files from Leica cameras specifically, the principles he describes are universally applicable. If anyone wants to try his suggestions using Leica Raw files, it is easy to find some to download from the Internet.
https://www.reddotforum.com/content/202 ... a-cameras/