Change your genre

A forum where members can post their favourite image taken each month. (This forum was originally created for a set of monthly challenges to which the earlier posts relate.)
Mike Farley

Re: Change your genre

Postby Mike Farley » Mon 04 Feb 2019, 08:25

Hi Sarah

I know what you mean about the Fuji 50-140 lens. It is a lump, especially when used on one of the smaller Fuji bodies. Then again, the full frame equivalent is 70 - 200 and it has a constant f/2.8 aperture. To put it into perspective, It is roughly the same size and weight as my Canon 70 - 200 L f/4. The results it achieves are sublime and I am happy to shoot mine wide open when necessary. It does not always make it into my bag, though, if I want to travel light.

An alternative is the 55-200 which is more compact and less expensive than either of its bigger siblings in the Fuji range. It does not have the reach of the 100-400, but is slightly faster at f/3.5-4.8. I have heard good reports of it and a friend is pleased with his. Unless you have a specific requirement for a long lens, It might be the compromise you are looking for and encompass most situations.

If you think the 50-140 is a huge and heavy lens, try the Fuji 200 f/2. That really is a monster. I have seen it at a couple of shows and on both occasions been happy to put it down after a few minutes. By rights, it ought to come bundled with a sherpa. ;)

I would be interested to know which shoulder strap Belt recommends.
Regards

Mike Farley
(Visit my website and blog - www.mikefarley.net)
Sarahrs

Postby Sarahrs » Mon 04 Feb 2019, 13:28

I used a shoulder strap from Joby. Did the business.
Sarahrs

Postby Sarahrs » Tue 12 Feb 2019, 23:04

Ohh! The feeding the birds one is really clever. But also that the Geese taking itself for a walk.

Return to “Photo of the Month”