Shot of the Week 2019 – Iggy – February

Post pictures you simply want to share with others. (Use "Image Critique" if you want to obtain feedback.)
Mike Farley

Re: Shot of the Week 2019 – Iggy – February

Postby Mike Farley » Sun 17 Feb 2019, 23:37

Iggy wrote:Thanks for taking the time to check out the meta data and then to offer helpful suggestions which is much appreciated.

You are welcome.

Iggy wrote:The Lumix FZ1000 has a 24-400mm Leica lens that allow me to frame images in diverse settings which is why I tend to use it a lot. At some settings it offers f2.8.

The actual focal length of the lens is 9.1 - 146, which gives an equivalent field of view comparable to 24-400 on full frame. The lens does not have a constant aperture throughout the zoom range which helps keep it compact, but does mean that the maximum aperture reduces at the longer focal lengths. You might well find that depth of field is narrower at the long end even when the smaller aperture is taken into account. I have no doubt that it is a versatile camera but, as with anything, its design will involve certain compromises. Mainly those will be in respect of depth of field characteristics and high ISO performance.

Your second image appears to be the uncropped version of your final shot. I see what you mean about the red cone. Since you went back several times, presumably you had some form of rapport with the performer. Would it have been possible to ask if you could move it temporarily out of shot? It is always easier to remove unwanted objects at the taking stage than afterwards.
Regards

Mike Farley
(Visit my website and blog - www.mikefarley.net)
Iggy

Postby Iggy » Mon 18 Feb 2019, 21:50

Mike wrote:
Your second image appears to be the uncropped version of your final shot.

On a rare occasion that the pedestrian traffic stopped, I took a series of 4 or 5 shots altering my position each time by a foot or so, sideways or up and down. However, it is the same image.

Mike wrote:
Since you went back several times, presumably you had some form of rapport with the performer.

I did establish a good rapport with the performer who looked at the camera most times when I took the image.
Dropping a pound in her collection tray probably helped!

Mike wrote:
Would it have been possible to ask if you could move it temporarily out of shot?

The performer was always singing and I did not feel that I could interrupt her. Obviously, I should have asked!
Iggy

Postby Iggy » Wed 20 Feb 2019, 08:47

SOTW 2019 – Iggy – February – S7
Seeing Red at the Junction

My first CCC images in competition in 2015! https://www.flickr.com/photos/116765104 ... 6212358814

Regards
Iggy
Attachments
7-Seeing Red at the Junction.jpg
7-Seeing Red at the Junction.jpg (145.62 KiB) Viewed 1987 times
Mike Farley

Postby Mike Farley » Wed 20 Feb 2019, 09:29

Iggy wrote:Seeing Red at the Junction

You certainly found a scene with a lot of red in it. And a cone which you want to leave in this time. ;)
Regards

Mike Farley
(Visit my website and blog - www.mikefarley.net)
Iggy

Postby Iggy » Thu 21 Feb 2019, 18:04

I do like the way that the cone contains the right hand side of the image and brings it all together.
The cone was framed into the image and then everything played out beyond expectation as I did half a dozen shots of the junction.
One has to make ones own luck!
Iggy
Laura

Postby Laura » Sun 24 Feb 2019, 12:23

Iggy wrote:I do like the way that the cone contains the right hand side of the image and brings it all together.
The cone was framed into the image and then everything played out beyond expectation as I did half a dozen shots of the junction.
One has to make ones own luck!
Iggy

I really like that cone too, you are spot on about it ! very nicely put together, Iggy
Iggy

Postby Iggy » Thu 28 Feb 2019, 18:30

SOTW 2019 – Iggy – February – S8
Mandarin Ducks at Bushy Park
More gold in the water but from where I know not!! :lol:
Had to get this in today as its already 4 days late and February is almost done!!
Attachments
8-Mandarin Ducks.jpg
8-Mandarin Ducks.jpg (117.81 KiB) Viewed 1942 times

Return to “Photo Sharing”