Dn McCullin exhibition

General discussion and anything that isn't covered by the other categories.
waconquy

Dn McCullin exhibition

Postby waconquy » Mon 21 Jan 2019, 12:49

There will be an exhibition of work by Don McCullin at the Tate Britain on Millbank from 5 February to 6th May. His exhibitions ae always very interesting.
He now does very dark landscapes but he was originally famous for his war photography. Don't know what he will be presenting now but whatever it is you
will see what printing and prints are all about.
On another tack there is now an interchangeable photographic exhibition at the V&A Kensington for free anytime.
Well worth the viewing, also at the V&A is an exhibition of Videogames.
Fascinating, its not something I am interested in usually, but the exhibition is a concept thing, from conception to finish and it isn't just a killing thing either.
Its more a thinking man's interactive. They have the original notebooks and illustrations working there way to the publishing stage. I reckon all ages would
be interested.
Regards Wally
waconquy

Re: Dn McCullin exhibition

Postby waconquy » Wed 06 Feb 2019, 15:02

WOW, I went to the Don McCullin exhibition yesterday it took a couple of hours to see it all. A lot of people there.
It is not for the squeamish, but really worth while. Horrifying what people do to each other. Talking about the quality of his pictures seem sick
but if they hadn't been any good he would not have been able to do what he did, they were absolutely beautiful.
The last time I saw Don McCullin was at an interview at the V&A, he looked so dark and oppressed with what he had shown.
His pictures were so dark but you could see all the detail in the blacks, great printer. Even his landscapes are almost black.
He mentions that in some of his notes under the pictures.
The programme on television showed him quite relaxed and he deserved to be after his history.
I recommend the show, there were about 8 rooms full of images. If you want to be a street photographer there is nobody better to show you how it's done.
Enjoy
Wally

Return to “General”