Third-party Printing Service Recommendations?

General discussion and anything that isn't covered by the other categories.
Peter Boughton

Third-party Printing Service Recommendations?

Postby Peter Boughton » Sun 04 Jan 2015, 19:06

What services do people without their own printers use/recommend?

I've seen Pro-Am and theprintspace mentioned previously on these forums, elsewhere I've seen BPD PHOtech recommended, and I was discussing another service with someone a couple of months back... possibly photobox, but I might not be remembering it right.

I might not need to use them, but want to be prepared in case I do - my exhibition panel is four 15x10 images, and I need them printed within the week to give time to mount them before the exhibition submission deadline on the 14th.

Out of those I'm currently leaning towards theprintspace, but are there any other services worth considering?
Mike Farley

Re: Third-party Printing Service Recommendations?

Postby Mike Farley » Sun 04 Jan 2015, 19:21

DS Colour Labs gets good reports and have keen prices. Your prints will cost less than £1 each and if you have just four it will come to a few pennies less than the delivery charge. :shock:

I have not used any of the labs you mention, but had experience of Loxley a few years ago with good results.

http://dscolourlabs.co.uk/

http://www.loxleycolour.com/
Regards

Mike Farley
(Visit my website and blog - www.mikefarley.net)
Bill Yates

Postby Bill Yates » Mon 05 Jan 2015, 12:15

ProAm is not only one of our exhibition catalogue advertisers but has also been Nina's supplier of prints for several years. From what I have seen of Nina's print work, ProAm would be my first choice if I did not print myself.
What's more, it can only be good for all of us in the club if we support our advertisers whenever and wherever possible.
Nina

Postby Nina » Mon 05 Jan 2015, 22:06

As Bill has already mentioned I have used Proam form a while and I am satisfied with the results. :D
Regards

Nina

Check out my latest work
On www.pbase.com/ninaludwig
Mike Farley

Postby Mike Farley » Tue 06 Jan 2015, 08:46

Nina wrote:As Bill has already mentioned I have used Proam form a while and I am satisfied with the results. :D

Thanks for the feedback, Nina.

I fully endorse Bill's point that wherever possible we should give our custom to our exhibition sponsor (Richard Franfurt) and advertisers as it is their support which helps us to hold the event and keep entry fees as low as possible.
Regards

Mike Farley
leppy26

Postby leppy26 » Sat 12 Jan 2019, 09:11

Hello,

Friends, there is any place for printing services related exhibition because I have my own printing services but sometimes the customer wants different types of printing & I don't know how I will do so please any place where I learn more about printing.OK...
Thanks in Advance...
Mike Farley

Postby Mike Farley » Sat 12 Jan 2019, 09:22

leppy26 wrote: .....there is any place for printing services related exhibition because I have my own printing services but sometimes the customer wants different types of printing & I don't know how I will do so .....

You offer a professional printing service but do not know how to fulfil certain requests? So you come to a forum mainly intended for amateurs to seek advice?
Regards

Mike Farley
Steve B

Postby Steve B » Sat 12 Jan 2019, 10:22

I would endorse the DS Colour Labs recommendation, although I'm happier with their colour prints than black and white. They are very quick - I normally receive my prints within two days of uploading them. As Mike says, they are also cheap - I normally get a batch of 20 done at a time on various sizes of their lustre paper and pay under £20 including postage.
GrahamL

Postby GrahamL » Sat 12 Jan 2019, 13:46

If a direct service was needed I'm happy to add a recommendation for Metro Imaging, a 10 min walk from Farringdon Station, they can also do trans prints for back-illuminated work.

Before I bought my inkjet printer I was quite happy using ProAm (used only for C-prints). My experience was that it was best to order a reasonable number at one time to keep the postal charge component down. I suspect Print Space/Metro Imaging are a bit more expensive for C-type prints than a postal service like ProAm or DS Colour.

Graham
Sarahrs

Postby Sarahrs » Sat 12 Jan 2019, 17:10

For day to day prints I use metro imaging and pro-am, but when I need something nicer like exhibition prints I use spectrum photography in Brighton and good paper.

I've found it makes a big difference in quality of the prints. As the shadows and detail come through in a way they can't using pro-am. https://spectrumphoto.co.uk/?gclid=EAIa ... gLKOfD_BwE

Return to “General”