OUTING TO DUNGENESS

Details and discussion for any up-coming outings, exhibitions, or general photographic events.
MikeW

Re: OUTING TO DUNGENESS

Postby MikeW » Mon 29 Oct 2018, 17:45

Hi All, just to confirm that this outing will be on Sunday 4th November, next Sunday. There are 13 of us, if I can count ok, and Peter B will meet us down there, at the RSPB car park - all at about 10.00. I will speak to as many of our group as possible a during our club meeting on Wednesday to sort out drivers/passengers but some may have already got together since I was last at a meeting. In any event I propose all meeting at our club venue around 08.00 on Sunday to ensure all have a means of transport.
I have assumed that we will make our own arrangements for food/refreshments on the day but there is a cafe/snack bar on the RSPB site and, of course, the Britannia pub close to the beach and train stop on Dungeness. I would be surprised if I did not use both at some time during the day.
I have access to the email addresses of all the club members so will confirm arrangements using these on Thursday. Please look out for it, in your junk folder too. I will include my 'phone number.

My thanks to Graham and Mike regarding the London/Brighton Car rally. We will not be be using any part of the planned routes to get to Dungeness but central Croydon - A236, then A235, the main road from Mitcham to Purley, passing under the Croydon flyover, avoiding the town centre but going past Whitgift school will be congested and very busy from from 07.00ish so any member needing to traverse particularly South, or West, Croydon will need to use an alternative route to the club.

My thanks also not Peter B regarding group visits to the RSPB site. I had assumed that our group, its size and the fact that we will arrive piecemeal, did not fall into this category. However, I have emailed the site and will follow this up before I send my email on Thursday but I do not expect any problems.
Bett

Postby Bett » Thu 01 Nov 2018, 09:52

Hi Mike thanks for organising this outing I am really looking forward to it (my first club outing), also its good to know that there are places for refreshment.
See you Sunday

Bett
davidb

Postby davidb » Thu 01 Nov 2018, 11:26

I have a spare CANON EF 100-400mm f/5.6 lens if anyone would like to borrow it on this trip! Let me know before Sunday.
Regards

David A Beard.
toms

Postby toms » Mon 05 Nov 2018, 10:04

Hi Mike,

Thank you for arranging the day. Good to see so many members out and about.

Regards,

Tom
Tina

Postby Tina » Mon 05 Nov 2018, 12:04

Hi Mike
A big thank you from Tina & Graham. We both enjoyed it very much.
A few birds, lots of old boats, a good sunset, perfect weather and good friends what more could we want.
Best wishes

Return to “Outings & Events”