Open House London weekend

Details and discussion for any up-coming outings, exhibitions, or general photographic events.
rebeccaclark

Open House London weekend

Postby rebeccaclark » Mon 10 Sep 2018, 23:33

Hello all!

I'd like to take this chance to promote the Open House London weekend, which is coming up soon - 22nd and 23rd September.
This is a brilliant opportunity to get inside some of the most famous and interesting buildings in London for free. All 33 London boroughs have properties open to visitors this year, for only the 2nd time in the 26 years this event has been running. There are over 800 buildings open to the public on this special weekend ranging from government buildings, embassies and galleries through to religious buildings, cemeteries, schools, and residences ... and more: something for everyone.
In Croydon, buildings open to see include Airport House, Bernard Weatherill House (Council offices), Addington church, the town hall and Clocktower complex, and Shirley Windmill.
If you fancy a trip up towards or into town, buildings open include: Kenwood House, the Foreign Office (which I can thoroughly recommend), Dr Johnson's House, the Guildhall, several of the City of London churches, Fulham Palace and the Royal Courts of Justice to name a few.
There are also various walks and tours, listed here: https://openhouselondon.open-city.org.u ... _and_tours . Most of these require pre-booking.

The website address is: https://openhouselondon.org.uk/
There is also a free app available for iphone and Android.

If anyone has any recommendations from previous years, please do share here. Unfortunately the Gherkin and Bank of England don't appear to be open this year.

Rebecca
davidb

Re: Open House London weekend

Postby davidb » Tue 11 Sep 2018, 05:58

rebeccaclark wrote:
The website address is: https://openhouselondon.org.uk/
There is also a free app available for iphone and Android.

If anyone has any recommendations from previous years, please do share here. Unfortunately the Gherkin and Bank of England don't appear to be open this year.

Rebecca

And I have the Book! I'll have it with me on Wednesday (12th and 19th).
Regards

David A Beard.
Steve B

Postby Steve B » Thu 13 Sep 2018, 18:06

Two spiral staircases top scored in last night's competition. During last year's Open House weekend I discovered a good one at Rudolf Steiner House (near Baker Street tube), although I wasn't pleased with my images so I would be intrigued to see if anyone cracks it.
Nina

Postby Nina » Wed 26 Sep 2018, 14:32

Funny that Steve. I have discovered this stair years ago and have some shots which have done well in various competitions including our club. Hope you captured something good too. :D
Regards

Nina

Check out my latest work
On www.pbase.com/ninaludwig

Return to “Outings & Events”