Lightroom Tuition

Details and discussion for any up-coming outings, exhibitions, or general photographic events.
Mike Farley

Re: Lightroom Tuition

Postby Mike Farley » Sun 10 Jun 2018, 19:53

Iggy wrote:Haven't played with LR yet.
I haven't been to your home previously, so don't know the address.
I would hope to be there for the 9.30 am start.

Hi Iggy

As previously mentioned, you will get more from the session if you have at least some experience of using Lightroom. I usually recommend Scott Kelby's Lightroom book as that has a step by step illustrated guide, but I am not sure if the version for LR6 is still available. However, the one for LR5 can still be purchased,cheaply, and there are relatively few differences between the two versions. Prior to the launch of Lightroom Classic CC, the last major update had been LR4. LR5 and LR6 added a few useful but comparatively minor features and it is easy to find out via the Internet about the new functions introduced with LR6. Buy the hardback edition, it is around a quarter of the price for the Kindle version ....

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Photoshop-Ligh ... ightroom+5

There is a lot to cover and I shall be starting promptly at 9:30. Given that I am going to some trouble to run the workshop, I would consider arrival on time to be a courtesy. I will not be going over the same ground twice for the benefit of any latecomers.

I will be sending a PM with my address and contact details to participants.
Regards

Mike Farley
(Visit my website and blog - www.mikefarley.net)
Iggy

Postby Iggy » Mon 11 Jun 2018, 09:45

Hello Mike,
As you know, I have got no experience in LR having just downloaded have only used camera raw in Photoshop intermittently. I am just very busy with family stuff.

The book that I have but not looked at yet is Lightroom Adventure by Mikkel Aaland that offers step by step guidance. I could try and look at the first 4 chapters (100 pages) today that covers workspace, importing images, the library, the develop module.

If you think that my attendance is a problem for your group tutorial, please let me know and I will differ attending.

Kind regards,
Iggy
Mike Farley

Postby Mike Farley » Mon 11 Jun 2018, 10:33

Iggy wrote:If you think that my attendance is a problem for your group tutorial, please let me know and I will differ attending.

Iggy, that is a decision only you can make, but I certainly have no issues about your attendance.
Regards

Mike Farley
Mike Farley

Postby Mike Farley » Mon 11 Jun 2018, 10:34

I have now sent a PM with details of the workshop to attendees.
Regards

Mike Farley
Iggy

Postby Iggy » Mon 11 Jun 2018, 12:40

Ok Mike, I will attend your LR Tutorial tomorrow.
Received your PM too.
Thanks,
Iggy
Iggy

Postby Iggy » Tue 12 Jun 2018, 07:10

Hi Mike
Spent some 5 hours plus yesterday getting to grips with the very basics of Lightroom 6.
First with the aid of a book and then backed it up by watching several YouTube videos.
What a wonderful programme for developing images!
Looking forward to your LR tutorial today.
Regards,
Iggy
Mike Farley

Postby Mike Farley » Tue 12 Jun 2018, 22:10

Iggy wrote:What a wonderful programme for developing images!
Looking forward to your LR tutorial today.

Hi Iggy

As you found out today, LR has a lot of functionality when processing images. I hope that you found the workshop useful.
Regards

Mike Farley
Iggy

Postby Iggy » Wed 13 Jun 2018, 08:58

Hello Mike,
Thank you so much for hosting a full day tutorial from early morning to late afternoon at your home to teach us how to use LightRoom.
Projecting the tutorial on to a large screen made things easy to follow, answering our questions and then working on our own laptops with the same images re-enforced the lessons. It was good to chat too in the tea and lunch breaks, while enjoying the marvellous coffee and more.

A big thank you to your wife too.

Best wishes,
Iggy

Return to “Outings & Events”