Mountboard Purchase 2017

General discussion and anything that isn't covered by the other categories.
Mike Farley

Re: Mountboard Purchase 2017

Postby Mike Farley » Thu 31 Aug 2017, 23:24

davidb wrote:update my order to 5 of the Daler White - this will leave you 2 short of the minimum.

Sorry, I do not understand this. Daler White is not a colour option which Daler offers. Besides, the Daler boards are more expensive than the Wessex own brand and are not subject to any minimum quantity.
Regards

Mike Farley
(Visit my website and blog - www.mikefarley.net)
davidb

Postby davidb » Fri 01 Sep 2017, 00:12

Mike Farley wrote:
davidb wrote:update my order to 5 of the Daler White - this will leave you 2 short of the minimum.

Sorry, I do not understand this. Daler White is not a colour option which Daler offers. Besides, the Daler boards are more expensive than the Wessex own brand and are not subject to any minimum quantity.

In that case ignore my last request.
Regards

David A Beard.
toms

Postby toms » Fri 01 Sep 2017, 09:41

Hi Mike,

Allowing for the suggested 'club' purchase what exactly is the shortfall now?

Regards,

Tom
Mike Farley

Postby Mike Farley » Fri 01 Sep 2017, 14:18

davidb wrote:In that case ignore my last request.

I have just realised "Daler White" was in my spreadsheet - it was my shorthand for a selection of one of the many white tones Daler has in its range.
Regards

Mike Farley
Mike Farley

Postby Mike Farley » Fri 01 Sep 2017, 14:40

The order is in and a spreadsheet showing everyone's requests and associated cost is attached to this post.

Wessex changed a couple of things during the order period. There was the destocking of the picture frames, of course, which was the cause of much chagrin. I really do not want to go there again.

On a happier note, they changed the discount scheme for their own brand mountboard which meant we got a 10% reduction on both the Antique White and Black boards which we ordered, which was better than we have had previously.

There were a couple of stocking issues. The own brand Dark Green board was not available and stocks of Daler board were generally low, where David and I both wanted a couple of sheets of one of the near whites. I eventually got two sheets each of the white core "Cumulus Cloud", which was the entire inventory of that particular shade.

To keep things simple for my spreadsheet, I left the Dark Green column in place, but reduced everyone's order to zero so there is no impact on the final total,

Any questions or comments, just add a post here and I will respond as best I can.

Finally, a reminder that those who have placed requests will need to be at the club's first meeting of the season next Wednesday, 6 September to collect their orders or make alternative arrangements since I have no long term storage facilities.
Attachments
Mountboard 2017 Final.pdf
(348.98 KiB) Downloaded 148 times
Regards

Mike Farley
Mike Farley

Postby Mike Farley » Mon 04 Sep 2017, 12:39

There has been a late addition to our order, so I attach a revised summary. Only one person is affected and they know who they are. Everyone else's totals remain unchanged.
Attachments
Mountboard 2017 Final.pdf
Mountboard order summary
(352.23 KiB) Downloaded 135 times
Regards

Mike Farley
Mike Farley

Postby Mike Farley » Tue 05 Sep 2017, 13:20

For some reason, this order has created more problems than usual and that has continued with this morning's delivery.

• The Nubord 2 backing board was not delivered, which is an unusual omission on the part of Wessex and I cannot recall it happening previously. I will bring it to the club on 20 September.
  • I was quoted an incorrect discount for bulk purchases of the Wessex own brand mountboard and it should have worked out at £2-50 + VAT per sheet. That is a reduction of 15p each rather than the 10% I was told. I have updated the spreadsheet showing individual costs accordingly.

Apologies for the confusion. With the exception of the missing backing board, hopefully everything else is now resolved.
Attachments
Mountboard 2017 Final Amended.pdf
Updated spreadsheet
(352.21 KiB) Downloaded 131 times
Regards

Mike Farley
davidb

Postby davidb » Tue 05 Sep 2017, 15:42

Has the Fat Lady sung yet? :lol:

I wouldn't take a deep breath until the last item has been delivered ;)
Regards

David A Beard.
Mike Farley

Postby Mike Farley » Tue 05 Sep 2017, 16:25

Yes, it has been like that this time. I am not sure why it has proved a bit more problematical than in previous years. Just the way it goes, I guess.
Regards

Mike Farley
davidb

Postby davidb » Tue 05 Sep 2017, 16:33

Never the less your efforts are appreciated. Thank you very much. :D
Regards

David A Beard.

Return to “General”