Waiting

Post pictures you simply want to share with others. (Use "Image Critique" if you want to obtain feedback.)
Mike Farley

Waiting

Postby Mike Farley » Wed 12 Sep 2012, 11:11

My daughter graduated earlier this year and as she will be continuing the research on the topic of her thesis at the university, she had a number of people to see after the ceremony. As we were travelling together, this meant that there were a couple of hours to wait which were spent in the cafe on campus. Outside were some metal chairs, but being the drought busting summer of 2012, no one was using them as it was cold and wet. It made an unexpected photographic opportunity to while away the time, though.
Attachments
Chair.jpg
Chair.jpg (72.44 KiB) Viewed 4775 times
Regards

Mike Farley
(Visit my website and blog - www.mikefarley.net)
Nina

Re: Waiting

Postby Nina » Wed 12 Sep 2012, 11:20

I enjoyed this one Mike. Not many people would have spotted a photo op in such an unlikely subject. Thanks for sharing.
Regards

Nina

Check out my latest work
On www.pbase.com/ninaludwig
davidc

Postby davidc » Wed 12 Sep 2012, 11:41

Is it mono or just a particularly B&W scene?
Check out my website - davidcandlish.photography
My Top 50 album is here
Mike Farley

Postby Mike Farley » Wed 12 Sep 2012, 14:50

davidc wrote:Is it mono or just a particularly B&W scene?

It was a very monochromatic scene, with the aluminium chairs against a dark background, which was darker than usual through being wet. However, I did convert the image into mono using Silver Efex Pro 2, which I find to be very effective at giving a good result with a minimum of effort.
Regards

Mike Farley
Mike Farley

Postby Mike Farley » Wed 12 Sep 2012, 14:59

Nina wrote:I enjoyed this one Mike. Not many people would have spotted a photo op in such an unlikely subject. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks, Nina. Whilst I cannot recall any specific images, at the time of shooting I was aware that this sort of thing has been done before, as a quick search on Flickr using the search term "wet metal chair" quickly confirmed subsequently. But then, hasn't everything already been phoographed several times over? That said, it was a new subject for me and I enjoyed the shapes that I saw and the challenge of making something meaningful out of them.

It has started a new trend for me, though, as I now cannot go past any similar chairs when it is raining without stopping to take a picture or two. :geek:
Regards

Mike Farley

Return to “Photo Sharing”