Photo a week

Post pictures you simply want to share with others. (Use "Image Critique" if you want to obtain feedback.)
emmanuel

Photo a week

Postby emmanuel » Mon 04 Jan 2021, 22:53

2020 was not a great year for all of us not being able to practise photography with this horrible pandemic.
I had not been making use of my camera so this year as new year resolution for 2021 I would set myself a challenge to capture an image and post it every week for 52 weeks.
Here I start with week 1.
A walk-in south Norwood country park on the 1st day of the year taking my camera for a walk.
I believe this plant is called "Wild Cotton Grass". With its foliage dried and the contrasting whiteheads, it attracted my attention.
Attachments
Wild Cotton Grass.jpg
Wild Cotton Grass.jpg (280.26 KiB) Viewed 1359 times
Iggy

Re: Photo a week

Postby Iggy » Tue 05 Jan 2021, 07:48

Hi Emmanuel,
Good to hear that your are taking part in Photo a week.
I look forward to seeing your images through the year.
You have an interesting first image.
All the best,
Iggy
Mike Farley

Re: Photo a week

Postby Mike Farley » Tue 05 Jan 2021, 09:56

Hi Emmanuel

A warm welcome to the Photo 52 club. While it was not always easy in 2020 to find images, with 2021 likely to be similar at least for the first few months, I found the project to be a great motivator for my photography. It was a stark binary choice, use the camera or fail. One thing I found to be a temptation was to get some shots on a Monday (the first day of my photo week) and not use the camera again until the following week. I soon learnt to take photos at every opportunity to have a greater selection from which to choose an image to publish. My other bit of advice is that the regular practice is the most important aspect of the challenge. Not everything has to be a camera club style image and you can include other types of photography. A few of my shots from last year were a commentary of some aspects of the pandemic. For example, shelves devoid of toilet rolls at Waitrose. Somewhere along the way you will also inevitably garner work which you can use in competition. We cannot help it; it is in our natures as photographers. :D

I created a flickr album where you can see my results from 2020 in one place.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/38957891@ ... 2548238327
Regards

Mike Farley
(Visit my website and blog - www.mikefarley.net)

Return to “Photo Sharing”