POTW 19 July 2020 - Seven Sisters

Post pictures you simply want to share with others. (Use "Image Critique" if you want to obtain feedback.)
Mike Farley

POTW 19 July 2020 - Seven Sisters

Postby Mike Farley » Fri 04 Sep 2020, 09:49

On an otherwise cloudy day, I got to Birling Gap just in time to catch the sun shining for a few moments on the Seven Sisters cliffs.

Regards

Mike Farley
(Visit my website and blog - www.mikefarley.net)
Iggy

Re: POTW 19 July 2020 - Seven Sisters

Postby Iggy » Sat 05 Sep 2020, 09:25

Hi Mike,
Lovely image.
You must have had a lovely day out in July.
The beach seems to be entirely deserted.
All the best,
Iggy
Mike Farley

Re: POTW 19 July 2020 - Seven Sisters

Postby Mike Farley » Sat 05 Sep 2020, 10:00

Iggy wrote:Lovely image.

The beach seems to be entirely deserted.

Thanks, Iggy. There were people on the beach but not too many on the part which was visible. They did not survive the administrations of the Spot Removal tool in Lightroom. ;)

Of course, by so doing I have invalidated the image for "Landscape Photographer of the Year" but it is not really the sort of shot they are looking for. That is one thing I do not have to worry about. :D

Iggy wrote:You must have had a lovely day out in July.

It was a good trip and Cuckmere Haven is nearby as well. I did not post any shots from there as the light was not so good and down by the cliffs there were more people around. I had one shot lined up, only to see a couple walking determinedly into the scene just as I was about to press the shutter.

It is a part of the world where Rachel Talibart has had a lot of success shooting at dawn. A good location for a socially distanced club outing if someone wants to organise it.
Regards

Mike Farley
(Visit my website and blog - www.mikefarley.net)

Return to “Photo Sharing”