POTW 28 June 2020 - Twisted Tree

Post pictures you simply want to share with others. (Use "Image Critique" if you want to obtain feedback.)
Mike Farley

POTW 28 June 2020 - Twisted Tree

Postby Mike Farley » Mon 03 Aug 2020, 14:55

Iggy has, quite rightly, reminded me that my posting of images has been sparse around here of late. I need to up the pace if I am to keep my 2020 Photo of the Week series relevant.

The BBC has just screened Poltergeist (again), a now rather corny horror movie from the early 80s which retains a period charm. The CGI looks quaint compared with what is possible nowadays and some scenes were shot close to with a wide-angle lens that shows an impressive amount of barrel distortion. The director was Tobe Hooper which, of course, rather prompts the question "Toby or not Toby"?

In the closing scenes of the film, the house in which the action occurs is swallowed up into the ground. That would have made for an interesting insurance claim, I'm sure. There is also a malevolent tree growing in the garden of which the one here is reminiscent. It is situated on a steep hill, the surface of which consists mainly of pebbles and I suspect that the ground has fallen away since the roots grew. There are a few other such trees but this is the most accessible for photographic purposes. Shooting in infrared has added drama to the shot.

Twisted Tree.jpg
POTW 26/20 - Teisted Tree
Twisted Tree.jpg (141.96 KiB) Viewed 1519 times
Regards

Mike Farley
(Visit my website and blog - www.mikefarley.net)
Iggy

Re: POTW 28 June 2020 - Twisted Tree

Postby Iggy » Tue 04 Aug 2020, 15:05

Hi Mike.
Good to have you back posting again!
Interesting root formation.

Return to “Photo Sharing”