POTW 14 June 2020 - Tragedy

Post pictures you simply want to share with others. (Use "Image Critique" if you want to obtain feedback.)
Mike Farley

POTW 14 June 2020 - Tragedy

Postby Mike Farley » Mon 22 Jun 2020, 10:02

In week 9 of this photo-a-week series for 2020, I depicted a tree in Edenbrook Country Park. Standing alone, with its branches still bare from winter, it dominated the surroundings and was an impressive sight. If I am honest, I was more than a little surprised that it was there, standing as it was in a space open to the public. As I noted at the time, the trunk was hollow and at the base little more than the thickness of the bark supported the structure. Shortly after I took my photograph, the inevitable happened and one of the tree's large limbs came crashing to the ground. Fortunately, there was no one near it at the time. Looking at my shot, it is obvious that the tree had previously lost another of its branches.

When I took my second shot, the area had been cordoned off. A few days afterwards, workman arrived to cut the tree down and now only a stump remains. A sad end to a once magnificent being. My earlier shot can be seen at this post:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=3401

Tragedy.jpg
Tragedy
Tragedy.jpg (84.78 KiB) Viewed 934 times
Regards

Mike Farley
(Visit my website and blog - www.mikefarley.net)

Return to “Photo Sharing”